• Share. Be Supported. Recover.

We are a friendly, safe community supporting each other's mental health. We are open 24 hours a day, 365 days a year.

A simple question about P.I.P

A

anyajp

I have a question about personal independence payment.

Are you allowed to do permitted work whilst you are on P.I.P?
I know you are allowed to do it on Employment and support allowance, but I am not sure about pip.

Anyone know?

Purple Chaos

Purple Chaos

I'm sure that, if you qualify for it, PIP is payable regardless of whether you work or not. I don't think they do a 'permitted work' thing as they do with ESA but income from paid work does not affect your PIP payments.

I would imagine that if you are already claiming PIP and then start work that you would have to inform the DWP but I'm not certain on this. The Gov.uk website should have more info: https://www.gov.uk/browse/benefits

Similar threads
Thread starter Title Forum Replies Date
J Why cant anything just be simple Work, Money, Benefits, Housing and Education 1
C Question Work, Money, Benefits, Housing and Education 6
NWiddi Have pass, will travel? (Free travel pass question). Work, Money, Benefits, Housing and Education 4
N Stimulus Check Question Work, Money, Benefits, Housing and Education 6
I Question about universal credits? Work, Money, Benefits, Housing and Education 8
Fairy Lucretia question Work, Money, Benefits, Housing and Education 3
Screechout Housing benefit question Work, Money, Benefits, Housing and Education 1
N A question about PIP and ESA Work, Money, Benefits, Housing and Education 3
E ADA Question Work, Money, Benefits, Housing and Education 1
I Benefits question Work, Money, Benefits, Housing and Education 15
Artmuzz Question about backdated money Work, Money, Benefits, Housing and Education 2
I Quick part time work and s.s.i. Question Work, Money, Benefits, Housing and Education 2
Not_Crazy_Yet Hostel / Hotel / Camping Question Work, Money, Benefits, Housing and Education 7
N Question - DLA, AND PIP Work, Money, Benefits, Housing and Education 4
T question about SDP Work, Money, Benefits, Housing and Education 8
F Esa Atos assessment at home! and self-harm question Work, Money, Benefits, Housing and Education 1
G question about ESA - really trying not to freak out- Please can anyone help???? Work, Money, Benefits, Housing and Education 1
T Can anyone help with a general benefits question? Work, Money, Benefits, Housing and Education 3
M ESA Question Work, Money, Benefits, Housing and Education 6
M ESA question can anyone help? Work, Money, Benefits, Housing and Education 3
Artmuzz Question about ATOS Work, Money, Benefits, Housing and Education 5
R ESA question Work, Money, Benefits, Housing and Education 6
P Wrag group been to work focus group - bit of a rant and question! Work, Money, Benefits, Housing and Education 2
K Just another question I was meant to ask Work, Money, Benefits, Housing and Education 4
K ESA - Question about medicals Work, Money, Benefits, Housing and Education 9
milkshake esa appeal question? Work, Money, Benefits, Housing and Education 5
S Esa question Work, Money, Benefits, Housing and Education 2
messymoo Benefits Question Work, Money, Benefits, Housing and Education 16
loulabelle Another ESA question Work, Money, Benefits, Housing and Education 3
lpattie Slightly different question about housing but still involves mental health. Work, Money, Benefits, Housing and Education 11
E how do you interpitate this question? Work, Money, Benefits, Housing and Education 1