• Welcome! It’s great to see you. Our forum members are people, maybe like yourself, who experience mental health difficulties or who have had them at some point in their life.

If you'd like to talk with people who know what it's like

A set back

W

worthit

Hi all. I hope you're all having an easy-ish time at the moment? Hugs all round.

So, I've been on Sertraline 50mg for probably 5 months now. Been mostly ok really once I settled on them - which if take a while.
The only thing I still had/possible side effect was obsessive thoughts - all around my ex, literally cannot get her out of my mind.

Recently - prob last week I started getting really low again and the thoughts turned emotional and since then I feel like I'm getting worse. Had a bit of a break down in the night last night out of nowhere that took a while to get over. Had a cry in a freakin shop yesterday.

Just seem to be getting worse again and it's annoying/concerning.
Had an almost panic attack last weekend as well. First one for prob 3 months.

There's not really a point to this post I don't think - just looking for people who understand as everryone is just telling me to "get over it" "stop thinking about her" etc etc. And I can't. Really really want to. Just can't.
Creeping up to her bday and our anniversary atm which is maybe subconciously disturbing/hurting me? Not sure.
Just don't want to fall too deep back into this depression :-(

Kerome

Kerome

Feel for you mate. You could try an increase in the Sertraline, but you're probably better off staying away from that. The lower the dose, the easier it will be to eventually drop the drug again. Have you tried some alternative methods to destress? Things like meditation, acupuncture, aromatherapy, and so on. Spending time in nature helps as well.

W

worthit

As you say; I'm reluctant to increase; I had a very rough time starting on it that I'd rather avoid it again, really.
On the whole it really does help. I think yesterday didn't help that I didn't take it til 11 last night (usually take in the morning) so probably serotonin levels getting low. But doesn't help with the general obsessive thoughts.
Havn't tried anything like that. I've taken to going out on the weekends and drinking where possible. As well as it's just something fun to do, I'm aware I'm using it to blow off steam/attempt to break my brain cycle.
I can't ever sem to get miditation or relaxation techniques to work - not ever, sadly.

I should try to go walking again, really. Tough finding the motivation (not just depression but not long started a new job working 50+hour weeks so a lot of the time I just want to chill/sleep in my spare time rather than walk)

I feel like I can understand myself more these days; but I don't have control. If that makes sense?
Heads' just a mess at the moment.

Now I'm rambling!

maybe.shes.a.wildflower

maybe.shes.a.wildflower

ACCOUNT CLOSED
Omg no wonder you feel so low, why work so many hours?
I used to all the time too though I must admit.

MarlieeB

ACCOUNT CLOSED
Hey :)

Maybe it is the time of year which is making you feel lower than usual, especially if you haven't really got over her. It's not as easy as just getting over her, I hate it when people say that grr.

I found with my ex everytime a Anniversary of something came up my mood would dip.

Maybe try and get these dates sorted before going for a increase or even increase for a few weeks and go back down to the dose you are on at the moment?

Marliee x

katya

katya

Break ups are hard whether you're already depressed or not. It sounds like you're just having trouble letting go; it may not be a set back in terms of your depression. How long since did you split up? I hope you start to feel better soon; sounds like you're in a really low place at the moment. :hug:

W

worthit

Just what we do. It's not strenuous like my last job thankfully, but really wiping me out at the moment.

Thanks guys, means a lot.
Think it's been 5/6 months :unsure: so quite a while. I just know she's going to always be that one for me though, i know it. I'm not usually this bad, but invested a huge amount into her and our relationship and she burned me pretty badly.
I'm only guessing it's the anniversaries, but it probably isn't :unsure:

Like you say just not that easy!! few of my mates are just like so just stop thinking/hook up to help. Really can't.
Thing is I know now she treated me badly and I don't want her back; but doesn't hurt less or make anything easier.

Ok rambling again ;-)

Don't know if I just retreat in and ride this wave, or try to do the opposite if I can manage to :unsure:

Hope you're all smiling inside and out x

maybe.shes.a.wildflower

maybe.shes.a.wildflower

ACCOUNT CLOSED
No strings fun cant hurt anyone! Might make you realise theres life after her :)

nonotme

nonotme

No strings fun cant hurt anyone! Might make you realise theres life after her :)
can't it? I have to disagree wild...... I got my head really screwed up over NSA fun even now, 15 years later it haunts me still. Then again I'm not saying a little NSA right now wouldn't go a miss :) ladies apply in writing to....................... if fact fella's as well, ports and storms you know how it can be....

W

worthit

Just to clarify am of the female variety myself ;-)

I have tried it once before in the past and I just get myself too attached, regardless. So I'm not looking to try that again, just someone to focus my mind on a little bit and if it leads to more than so be it!

maybe.shes.a.wildflower

maybe.shes.a.wildflower

ACCOUNT CLOSED
Its not no strings if people are gettin hurt. Its when you get feelings for someone youre just having fun with it gets messy. What do I know tbh I was stuck in a shit relationship for years lol I used to enjoy no attachments doing what I wanted with whoever I wanted

nonotme

nonotme

What do I know tbh I was stuck in a shit relationship for years lol I used to enjoy no attachments doing what I wanted with whoever I wanted
wild from that statement alone more than many of us. sorry wasn't having a go at you :peace: it just messed me up.... I used and was used. all very dirty looking back.

maybe.shes.a.wildflower

maybe.shes.a.wildflower

ACCOUNT CLOSED
I know you werent. Hell I was terrible, sleeping with two mates both warning me off the other, little did I know both had gfs oopps!! I was both theirs bits on the side :redface: and I did fall for the one abit but hey ho thats life! Serves me right for being a filthy tramp

maybe.shes.a.wildflower

maybe.shes.a.wildflower

ACCOUNT CLOSED
Just to clarify am of the female variety myself ;-)

I have tried it once before in the past and I just get myself too attached, regardless. So I'm not looking to try that again, just someone to focus my mind on a little bit and if it leads to more than so be it!
Back to you OP!! If you carry on working so many hours you won't have time to meet anyone! Can you not take it abit easier on the work and get some you time?

W

worthit

Hugs to you Wild. Sounds like a low point for you at the time :-(

I only work weekdays thankfully so have been going out every weekend so far!
Planning a city trip soon so I can go to some gay clubs as more chance; and whilst I have fun at the time my mind soon travels back!