• Welcome! It’s great to see you. Our forum members are people, maybe like yourself, who experience mental health difficulties or who have had them at some point in their life.

If you'd like to talk with people who know what it's like

A scary situation.

T

Tvgirl

I know people are telling me that what I'm experiencing is a delusion but I really believe this is true. I believe I have a hidden camera implanted in me somewhere and that people are listening or watching me. I just can't find it. I hear my grandparents that I just met a few years ago that I currently live with talk bad about me everyday and they repeat what the tv say about me. Everywhere I go people are talking about me. I'm afraid for my life because what if someone would want to come hurt me. This situation is crippling and is stopping me from having a quality of life. Can someone please be just honest?

Lunar Lady

Lunar Lady

Forum Guide
Hi TV Girl,

Good to see you :)

If you click on your user name, you can look at your post history - it shows every thread you have started.

They are all the same.

Your questions are the same.

The pages and pages of replies explaining that this is a delusion are patient, full of effort...but every avenue is completely exhausted now...there is no new way to attempt to persuade you that this is all a delusion.

Go back and read all your past threads and our replies. :hug:

You need medical help to stop this. It must be so frightening and lonely but you can not recover until you get medical help.

Tell us something about yourself...talk to us.

Sending you lots of love and good wishes xxx

T

Tvgirl

Hi TV Girl,

Good to see you :)

If you click on your user name, you can look at your post history - it shows every thread you have started.

They are all the same.

Your questions are the same.

The pages and pages of replies explaining that this is a delusion are patient, full of effort...but every avenue is completely exhausted now...there is no new way to attempt to persuade you that this is all a delusion.

Go back and read all your past threads and our replies. :hug:

You need medical help to stop this. It must be so frightening and lonely but you can not recover until you get medical help.

Tell us something about yourself...talk to us.

Sending you lots of love and good wishes xxx
Very well put. I do go back and read my posts. Thankyou for the well wishes. I'm going through a lot.

Lunar Lady

Lunar Lady

Forum Guide
I know you are and I genuinely care about you. I don’t think I could be as brave as you have. :hug:

I don’t want this delusion of yours to steal your life.

You need to accept this is a delusion. That is the solid foundation to build your recovery on.

The doctors can’t help you unless you accept this is a delusion.

Are you being looked after properly and have you started medication? :hug:

T

Tvgirl

I know you are and I genuinely care about you. I don’t think I could be as brave as you have. :hug:

I don’t want this delusion of yours to steal your life.

You need to accept this is a delusion. That is the solid foundation to build your recovery on.

The doctors can’t help you unless you accept this is a delusion.

Are you being looked after properly and have you started medication? :hug:
I've been on meds for the past 3 years. And it's hard to believe this is a delusion.

Lunar Lady

Lunar Lady

Forum Guide
Just to confirm - you are taking antipsychotic medications ? The doctors are treating your psychosis?

Are you receiving talk therapy alongside the medication?

Your delusions are possibly the most common. You can google your delusion just by typing in the phrase “the television is talking about me” on the internet to understand more about your condition.

You are not alone suffering from this. It is a common and very well documented symptom of your mental illness.

Are your grandparents patient and understanding? :hug:

T

Tvgirl

Just to confirm - you are taking antipsychotic medications ? The doctors are treating your psychosis?

Are you receiving talk therapy alongside the medication?

Your delusions are possibly the most common. You can google your delusion just by typing in the phrase “the television is talking about me” on the internet to understand more about your condition.

You are not alone suffering from this. It is a common and very well documented symptom of your mental illness.

Are your grandparents patient and understanding? :hug:
Yes I'm getting treated. Im on meds but I don't have talk therapy. No my grandparents aren't. I just met them a few years ago.

Lunar Lady

Lunar Lady

Forum Guide
Yes I'm getting treated. Im on meds but I don't have talk therapy. No my grandparents aren't. I just met them a few years ago.

Are you honest with your MH team that your delusions feel just as real?

If you have been on medication FOR these delusions for the last 3 years, they aren't working, are they?

Do they know how much misery you're suffering?

I'm really sad to hear your grandparents aren't supportive. D'you think perhaps they just don't understand it? :hug:

I want so much for things to be happy and comfortable again for you. Please talk to us. There are so many people here who have gone through these delusions and recovered.

Talk to us about how you feel and how your life is. We will do everything we can to support you :hug:

Sending you lots of love and good wishes :loveshower:xxx

T

Tvgirl

Are you honest with your MH team that your delusions feel just as real?

How long have you been taking medication for now?

Do they know how much misery you're suffering?

I'm really sad to hear your grandparents aren't supportive. D'you think perhaps they just don't understand it? :hug:

I want so much for things to be happy and comfortable again for you. Please talk to us. There are so many people here who have gone through these delusions and recovered.

Talk to us about how you feel and how your life is. We will do everything we can to support you :hug:

Sending you lots of love and good wishes :loveshower:xxx
I've been taking meds for about 3 years. They know that it feels real. Yes I don't think my grandparents understand and they really don't know me because they met me a few years ago(long story). Thankyou for your concerns.

Lunar Lady

Lunar Lady

Forum Guide
That must have been extremely hard for you - meeting grandparents for the first time and then living with them. Very frightening. I know how brave you've been - I can feel it.

Do you ever have times when you're not suffering? When you feel relaxed and not afraid because of the TVs and camera delusion? I t must be so exhausting. :hug:

T

Tvgirl

That must have been extremely hard for you - meeting grandparents for the first time and then living with them. Very frightening. I know how brave you've been - I can feel it.

Do you ever have times when you're not suffering? When you feel relaxed and not afraid because of the TVs and camera delusion? I t must be so exhausting. :hug:
Yes and I appreciate all of their help. There is not a time I'm not suffering. I always feel people are watching me. I wonder how long this will last.

Lunar Lady

Lunar Lady

Forum Guide
Yes and I appreciate all of their help. There is not a time I'm not suffering. I always feel people are watching me. I wonder how long this will last.
Do you go out, TV Girl? Does it feel better away from home or worse?

Lunar Lady

Lunar Lady

Forum Guide
When I go out everyone is talking about me.
So that's your outdoor delusion.

You have TV and Camera delusion making you miserable indoors...and people talking about you delusion when you go out? You must be so miserable at times :hug:

Have you seen ANY improvement with your medication?

T

Tvgirl

So that's your outdoor delusion.

You have TV and Camera delusion making you miserable indoors...and people talking about you delusion when you go out? You must be so miserable at times :hug:

Have you seen ANY improvement with your medication?
I am miserable. I had a little improvement, the tv don't talk about me as much and it keeps me calm. That's about it.