Gajolene

Gajolene

Just wanting to ask members to look at my linked facebook site below linked to my signature, and tell me how I can make it better and what area's you think I should add more info and links on, It is not a spam site, and not advertising, just another mental health resource support link site, all free to the public. Since I opened the page last christmas I still only have 15 likes. Maybe people either don't want to admitt visiting mental health websites, are embarrassed another family member may see it, or just want to consciously turn a blind eye, maybe stigma I don't know, but I am open to any advice or constructive critisizms from anyone who has any idea's how to make the page better and to gain more supporters there. Little downhearted it hasn't recieved more support.
Hope you all at least visit once and see, I really have put a lot on there and tried not to single focus on one MH condition. Thanks to any of you who want to check it out and give me advice on it, Opp boyfriend is calling have to go, movie is all set.

Thanks in advance folks

SomersetScorpio

SomersetScorpio

I think what you've got on there is really good. I'm not just saying that to make you feel better either, from what I can see you've got a good mix of resources, information and quotes.

The only thing I would say is the name of the page, at least for me, isn't something i'd think to type in the search bar on Facebook. Perhaps it may be why the page isn't getting more support, the fact that it's not an obvious name to look for?

Either way, I have "liked" it. One more supporter may not make a huge difference, but hey. :)

Teakita

Teakita

I liked your Facebook Page Gajolene. :) It takes a lot of effort to create a public facebook page other than a personal facebook page. I think you've done well. It's a good idea to keep your Facebook page up to date. I know we all get sidetracked with our busy lives. I'm on Facebook everyday and look forward to reading what's in my news feed. And I post regularly. But yeah I reckon you've done well with sharing different articles,videos and pictures with quotes. Well Done Gajolene :) x

Gajolene

Gajolene

Thanks so much for the replies guys and gals, means a lot to me, thanks to those of you liked it, will take your suggestions into account. thanks again :peace:

calypso

calypso

Admin
I just scanned down it, but looks really good. I liked it too. I agree, the title is not something which jumps out at you. Put the words Mental in it somewhere. Like the advertisers say, repeat and repeat. Just an idea. I'll look in more detail tomorrow. Thanks for this Gajolene.

N

Nicola398

I think it is fantastic as it is Gajolene,maybe my suggestion is to add some posts about holistic psychiatry and energy medicine.
I agree the name of it may be why it isn't getting the visitor numbers, it isn't very clear it is a mental health facebook page.But on the whole the content is very relevant,interesting and helpful as well as informative.The fact you have included abuse as a factor in causing mental illness is really pertinent,as it is often overlooked and ignored by medical profession when it is a major issue needs addressing if we are to heal.Domestic violence is so much more prevalent than the recognition it is given.I myself will visit the page often,it is much been added to since I last saw it.