• Welcome! It’s great to see you. Our forum members are people, maybe like yourself, who experience mental health difficulties or who have had them at some point in their life.

If you'd like to talk with people who know what it's like

a problem ive had for a long time

T

TheTay

i have been experiencing this problem for a long time and now its hard for me to even think. I repeat words in my mind a lot like constantly and I feel like if they stop it will alter my personality :/. one of these words "forget" sometimes utters itself and when I say it infront of a memory I forget the feeling if it and the memory becomes alien too me. like I remember it I just forget the feeling of it and it becomes uninteresting. its made me forget some of myself and its very hard to deal with.

SomersetScorpio

SomersetScorpio

Hiya.
I'm not entirely sure what you're saying the problem is.. I found your post a bit confusing.
Is is that you keep repeating words and feel you have to keep repeating these words or else you'll forget important things?
Sorry, just asking for a bit of clarification. :)

T

TheTay

I have too keep repeatin words so the word "forget" wont be used on a memory and become changed

DiddyKong

DiddyKong

Things like this can often be hard to explain to other people, even though we completely grasp what we are trying to tell them...

So it is a little hard to understand... Are you thinking about things that have happened (memories), and then repeating forget in your head, and therefore changing the memory?
Or do you repeat "forget" in your head so much that when you think back you can't remember how you felt at the time?

Has this happened with other words or phrases?

T

TheTay

I repeat words so the word "forget" wont show up and fuck up any memories or things. even though it usually does. my thought process and likes and dislikes are changing always. I wish words in mym ind had no affect.

DiddyKong

DiddyKong

I repeat words so the word "forget" wont show up and fuck up any memories or things. even though it usually does. my thought process and likes and dislikes are changing always. I wish words in mym ind had no affect.
Have you tried keeping a journal or writing down some of your experiences?

When I have something pop in my head that I don't want to forget, I pull my phone out and write it down in my notes app... Works a charm for me...

T

TheTay

Its not that im actually forgetting these memories, i remember them just fine. When my mind uses te word forget on a memory i forget the aspect of it, how i felt.

DiddyKong

DiddyKong

Sounds like a difficult association with the words your having, I hope you manage to find a way to get it under wraps...

T

TheTay

I cant its why im looking for help on a forum.