• Share. Be Supported. Recover.

We are a friendly, safe community supporting each other's mental health. We are open 24 hours a day, 365 days a year.

A possible explanation for the voices and the technology?

Turtle1980

Turtle1980

Yes i actually heard them plotting to kill and my kids saying goodbye it was a very horrible thing to experience. Now out of psychosis realize it was irrational I think I still look at them with unease.
@Turtle1980 That sounds terrible. Did you feel like you were being judged by your family as well?
Sometimes, the people closest to us can be so unwilling to understand.

S

Scott N

I can imagine so. I once heard another voice-hearer in a hearing voices group, described her fear associated with her voices. She is a day care worker and spoke about her voices threatening the children she worked with. She took a leave from work for a while until she felt safe.

It is good to share our experiences without the fear of being judged. Hearing Voices groups can be a good experience when a fellow voice-hearer is facilitating. People in group also talk about things that have helped them.

All day long, I used to hear cruel voices asking me if I was going to kill myself. A lot of negative things. Mocking and ridiculing my thoughts and the things that I was doing, right while I was doing just normal things. As if I was somehow doing the things wrong. I couldn't do anything right, according to those voices. Reading and writing were very difficult to do. I love to write but, when I heard the voices as I was writing, I would get discouraged and give up. I felt a lot of shame.

Have you ever heard of groups in your area? I can send you a link to a web page where you can look up a group by area you are in.

calypso

calypso

Admin
This is a 2010 thread! Just thought I would point that out - if links don't work from earlier posts that could be why