• Welcome! It’s great to see you. Our forum members are people, maybe like yourself, who experience mental health difficulties or who have had them at some point in their life.

If you'd like to talk with people who know what it's like

A new strategy for dealing with voices - What do you think?

W

wonke29

Hello!

The link is this: Beginning an Inner Dialogue with Alters. Please let me know if you think the strategies in there can help us who are struggling with voices.

Personally, I abandoned putting myself in the shoes of the voices. I insult them, and tell them: I am not over your head, so you stop being over my head! I am in the process of stopping myself feeling guilty. I say to myself that they are nonsense, and helping nonsense is not sure to have positive effects, so I rather help myself, because I am most sure of myself suffering, putting myself in the shoes of others can be fake and resulting in false information. Related to God, I say to myself that in front of God I have abandoned my freedom and even expressed my will to disappear in all forms, immediately, completely, now, definitively, easy, with a single condition - eternal peace, and so the system that tries to mirror me from inside my head breaks down: I have abandoned myself so that a superior being can control me! They won't do it.

So I do not think I will try to manage the voices in the way the above link puts it, only if I get some sort of psychic shocks, voices being very mad again etc. But I hope it will help someone.

Thanks for any piece of advice.

I wish you a lot of happiness and good health.

OCDguy

OCDguy

I like your approach of taking control and common sense :)

OCDguy

OCDguy

I think the article you posted is very interesting :) Do you find your approach works for you :)

N

natalie

First and for most, i always overall never evualate the voices, they can make me worse off, than I really am.

Always get to your doctor, GP or pshychatrtry, if you feel you ar becoming unwell, you might well need to have medication to surpress, the voices, down.

Try listening to music through headphones, and play sport or workout in fitness when able to do so, thinking of the pandemic situation, at the moment.

H

Hello513Zombie

Hello!

The link is this: Beginning an Inner Dialogue with Alters. Please let me know if you think the strategies in there can help us who are struggling with voices.

Personally, I abandoned putting myself in the shoes of the voices. I insult them, and tell them: I am not over your head, so you stop being over my head! I am in the process of stopping myself feeling guilty. I say to myself that they are nonsense, and helping nonsense is not sure to have positive effects, so I rather help myself, because I am most sure of myself suffering, putting myself in the shoes of others can be fake and resulting in false information. Related to God, I say to myself that in front of God I have abandoned my freedom and even expressed my will to disappear in all forms, immediately, completely, now, definitively, easy, with a single condition - eternal peace, and so the system that tries to mirror me from inside my head breaks down: I have abandoned myself so that a superior being can control me! They won't do it.

So I do not think I will try to manage the voices in the way the above link puts it, only if I get some sort of psychic shocks, voices being very mad again etc. But I hope it will help someone.

Thanks for any piece of advice.

I wish you a lot of happiness and good health.

I always curse out my voices and hate them. I destroy them regularly

S

SandAndStars

This article offers an interesting strategy, but I believe not everything and not for everyone it works out that way, especially for some of us that have a complex system where there is not just one voice but plenty, also plenty of inside stories that werent dealt with. Adressing them as children if they are sounding like children never worked for me. For me they are not predictable so better left alone. I used to feel guilty all the time... But of what?? Of being ill? That is crazy now I realize.
This strategy for voices, I would not do it myself mainly because of the fear where it would lead me. Had a lot of bad experiences by even scratching the surface.
Also put the situation in Gods hands

T

TyFence

I cussed them out ignored them and been overwhelmed by them. I try to get the upper hand like @Hello513Zombie. Nothing works like sniffing to close the open door to insecurity. But maybe it’s loving, well sometimes.

S

SandAndStars

When they were the worst I used to confront or ignore but ignore worked better, some background noise helped, music, or talking to people. I Am on medication now and Dont have so many problems, interesting they are either gone or Positive and I Am able to think for myself. Thankful for that.

Thread starter Similar threads Forum Replies Date
mischief Hearing Voices Forum 7