A mixture of contamination and existence worries

P

Phil10

My ocd seems focused on these two issues. I fear dirty laundry and toilet germs. I constantly worry and have false thoughts I have touched the toilet brush, put my hands or feet down the toilet, I worry whole places and shops are contaminated. I worry I will spread germs I don’t worry they will harm me just don’t like the idea of them.

Now my existence worries I worry as I here? Am I human? And the worst ones are feeling solispism like you are the only person who exists, also lately I have bad awful thoughts that god or aliens control my mind and thoughts and Its not really me having these thoughts? It seems real and I worry where my thoughts come from? A lack of evidence is the issue

These worries make me feel ill and sick most of the time and I always feel anxious can anyone give me any tips?

O

orangecup

I'm so sorry you're having these thoughts, I as well have OCD and I have fears like yours, you're not alone! I can promise you that no aliens, nor God is controlling your bad thoughts. And yes, you are human! I have these thoughts, too, and I'm human! Just because you have OCD, does not make you any less of a human being than myself or others. Maybe you should see a therapist or talk to somebody you trust about your thoughts? It might help you out, especially coping wise. Getting an outsiders view usually calms me down when my OCD gets bad.
Best wishes, Orange :hug:

S

Skynet

My ocd seems focused on these two issues. I fear dirty laundry and toilet germs. I constantly worry and have false thoughts I have touched the toilet brush, put my hands or feet down the toilet, I worry whole places and shops are contaminated. I worry I will spread germs I don’t worry they will harm me just don’t like the idea of them.

Now my existence worries I worry as I here? Am I human? And the worst ones are feeling solispism like you are the only person who exists, also lately I have bad awful thoughts that god or aliens control my mind and thoughts and Its not really me having these thoughts? It seems real and I worry where my thoughts come from? A lack of evidence is the issue

These worries make me feel ill and sick most of the time and I always feel anxious can anyone give me any tips?
I could tell you that dirty laundry will never make you sick but, honestly, you seem too depressed and anxious for any kind of CBT to work. Talk to your doctor about starting an SSRI -- that seems to be your best option now.