• Share. Be Supported. Recover.

We are a friendly, safe community supporting each other's mental health. We are open 24 hours a day, 365 days a year.

A man in my dream killed three children and then threatened to kill me. Should I call the police?

D

debbieb

A man in my dream killed three children and then threatened to kill me. Should I call the police?

Injuries obtained in dreams translate to 'real' life also (people who dream about freezing can get hypothermia and pneumonia, while people who dream about being burned, get burn wounds appear on their skin), and this man has tried to hurt me on several occasions, so if injuries in dreams cause injury in real life then I am in danger of actual physical harm by this person. I haven't been able to relax for weeks.

Last edited:
G

Gredge23

Sorry you are feeling this way , I have dreams like this , I also die atleast 3 or 4 times in my dream some nights , but I'm still here. It can be very frightening.

katya

katya

Injuries obtained in dreams translate to 'real' life also (people who dream about freezing can get hypothermia and pneumonia, while people who dream about being burned, get burn wounds appear on their skin), and this man has tried to hurt me on several occasions, so if injuries in dreams will cause me injury in real life then I am in danger of actual physical harm by this person. I haven't been able to relax for weeks.
I don't think you should ring the police. I think you need to take a step back, breathe for a while, then call a mental health professional. I think you're really struggling right now.

MarlieeB

ACCOUNT CLOSED
I dream about me dying and me harming people often (usually when I'm really struggling) and nothing has ever happened to me or anyone who I have dreamt about and I have a lot of other dreams that have/will come true.

I do think you need to see a mh worker sooner than Wednesday though.
Xxx

D

debbieb

Well apparently if you dream of being burned, you will get burn wounds on your skin.
If you dream of freezing, you will get hypothermia or even pneumonia.

D

debbieb

Someone told me they read in a magazine a experiment which showed if a person was induced to dream about being burned, they'd get burn wounds on their skin. Google confirms this with studies to do with hypnotising people to dream of things
The same person said there was a story of a man who kept having dreams of freezing and he got pneumonia for no reason and died of it in the night.

There's also the famous story of Nick Sitzman, a guy who froze to death from imaginary cold.

MarlieeB

ACCOUNT CLOSED
If whatever you have seen happens (I have doubts personally) then it is very, extremely rare. Like so rare you would have a better chance of meeting a talking teddy bear (again, in my opinion)

How long have you had these thoughts for?

katya

katya

Someone told me they read in a magazine a experiment which showed if a person was induced to dream about being burned, they'd get burn wounds on their skin. Google confirms this with studies to do with hypnotising people to dream of things
The same person said there was a story of a man who kept having dreams of freezing and he got pneumonia for no reason and died of it in the night.

There's also the famous story of Nick Sitzman, a guy who froze to death from imaginary cold.
There's also stuff on the Internet about how the world's economy is ran by lizard people. And lots of urban legends. Doesn't mean it's true. I'm sure, if it were true, we'd know a lot more about it.

It sounds like, maybe you're having night terrors and are harming yourself in your sleep as a result?

D

debbieb

But the nocebo effect really does exist.
It's the opposite of the placebo effect.

So why couldn't it cause burns, hypothermia, pneumonia?

MarlieeB

ACCOUNT CLOSED
Debbie I can 99.99% say that I think that will never happen to you. If you are hurt while you are sleeping it could be because it's freezing cold in the room, you could of knocked yourself while sleeping, it could be many things but unless you sleep with a candle touching your skin then there is no logical reason why you would be burned.

How long have you had these thoughts for?

D

debbieb

About two months when this man appeared in my dream and I read about how dreams are realities.

And the studies said the injuries did not create the dreams, but the dreams created the injury.
Something about the mind creating those injuries.