• Welcome! It’s great to see you.

If you'd like to talk with people who know what it's like

Our forum members are people, maybe like yourself, who experience mental health difficulties or who have had them at some point in their life.

a lot of shame

F

fluffpill

ACCOUNT CLOSED
How do i get over it? i see a psychologist but she hasn't paid much attention to this. i will talk to her again about it when i talk to her next but there's 2 weeks to go till then. I almost want to die out of shame.

OmniscientNihilist

OmniscientNihilist

ACCOUNT CLOSED
most young people have low self esteem. because they compare themselves to everyone that is older than them. and in comparison they are worse. so they think they are genetically inferior. but really they are just worse because their brain has not had enough time to learn.

also people compare their behind the scenes to everyone else's highlight reel. meaning you compare your worst to everyone elses best. you dont see and hear about their problems only your own so you think you are genetically inferior and they are gods.

this all leads to low serotonin which leads to more shaming which leads to even lower serotonin. and it all creates fear which leads to more shaming which leads to more fear etc.. etc..... next thing the person becomes so broken they have to get diagnosed as mentally ill.

what starts all this is usually some small mistake or small flaw that the mind gets fixated on and goes from there. into all the comparing and shaming. low self esteem causes anxiety and depression.

the self image is nothing but an image in the subconscious mind that can be changed. its an image of the person within the person. but its not the real self. the real self is the consciousness itself here now. the spirit so to speak.

you are not what you do. you are the being not the behavior. but you are responsible for the behavior and improving it throughout your life. a black widow spider has evil behavior but it is still a total badass and a very complex and amazing creature. so you can have self esteem even with bad behavior.

Spinach

Spinach

It's hard to forgive ourselves sometimes but it's very important to do so. I struggled a lot with shame for some very horrible things that I would think and do. It used to consume me but with time I was able to do my best to right my wrongs both with those involved and to just be better in my day to day life. Nothing can undo what has been done but you can always push forward and be your best self in the future. If you would like somebody to talk to about it feel free to message me. Good luck :)

M

MoonShade

Please try to forgive yourself by honoring the fact that now you're wiser and stronger and hindsight is always 20/20...so try to remember how confusing it was to be the person who did or said something hurtful. You did your best, and that's all anyone can do. Just remember that you are lovable and you are not inherently bad. You are just human and making mistakes is part of life whether we are 15 or 55.