A little rant

C

Chrs11

Hello,
I'm new here and I made an account just to get some things out of my chest. I do that from time to time because internet is a comfortable place to do that incognito.

Social anxiety ruined my life. I already lost every friend which I could. High school ruined my mental health. I couldn't hold a job because of SA, the idea of working with strange people is underwhelming and I can't handle stress so I'm staying unemployed. I can't hold normal conversation, and the only one I talk to on daily basis is my mom. I don't have any goals or hobbies to pursue. I don't want to end like people who live with their mommas whole life. When I look at facebook how my old friends enjoy their life or when I look at people outside - group of friends and couples - I'm filled with sadness, jealousy. I wish I would have life like that. I can't enjoy anything anymore days just go and it feels empty.

I don't know if I posted this in right topic group, but I don't care. I hate myself for being like that and for lack of action from my side. I don't know how long I'll be able to handle feeling like this. I have an appointment to therapy at the end of May but I don't look forward to it as much as I used to. I hope it's going better for some of y'all folks. Have a good day.

daffy

daffy

Founding Member
Hi Chris SA is an awful thing. I suffer it as well. But you really have to push yourself otherwise you become totally isolated. I know it’s hard but there is no magic pill that suddenly going to take it away. You need to suss out what it is your scared of and why. And then try and find a way to face your phobia. What about volunteering you only need to do a couple of hours a week. And as your not being paid you can leave anytime . Why not think of something you’d like to do. Maybe an animal shelter or a food bank

Hopefully your therapy will help you realise what your anxiety is and make you take small steps to conquering it.

Take care
Daf :hug:

TroubleinParadise

TroubleinParadise

Action, pain, progress, rest - rinse and repeat.

Find a cycle using those concepts that works for YOU.

:)