• Welcome! It’s great to see you.

If you'd like to talk with people who know what it's like

Our forum members are people, maybe like yourself, who experience mental health difficulties or who have had them at some point in their life.

A little more hope each day

Koi1971

Koi1971

Had a job interview today, the work consists of helping folks with developmental issues as a direct care professional. Sounds fancy, but it's just helping people. I've never done this exact type of work before, I was a case manager at a rehab facility that housed veterans with societal issues, but for the most part they took care of themselves, this will be a lot more hands on, kind of scary. Was asked why they should hire me, it took me a second, not used to selling myself, but I said that I wanted to be part of something outside of myself. Not sure if that was the correct answer, but it was an honest one. I'm in my head so much that I think that helping to take care of others will center me, bringing out the better part of me that has been emerging over the last five years. I know it's corny, but it's my truth. I am fairly isolated, people scare me, it takes me awhile to warm up. In this job (if I get it) I will have the opportunity to be more open and trusting. Just scared that I won't do well. Sorry this is so long.

As always thank you for letting me post.

wraziel

wraziel

Like Marianda I wish you luck too. I hope succesful for u.

G

Girl interupted

It’s only in service to others that we discover who we truly are. I think this is a wonderful new adventure for you. Your life experience will greatly help these folks.

B

bpd2020

ACCOUNT CLOSED
Well done for going for this job. That was so brave of you. I think you would be a wonderful asset to the people there. I really hope you get the job.