• Welcome! It’s great to see you. Our forum members are people, maybe like yourself, who experience mental health difficulties or who have had them at some point in their life.

If you'd like to talk with people who know what it's like

A little bit about me

M

MisguidedGenius

The name I've chosen to sign up here with is a little arrogant, but I didn't really want to sign up with my usual name as I guess I'm a little worried about the things I want to discuss here. Be it from employers or friends.

I'm 17, but had cycling moods for years - and for that reason I was taken out of school, dropped out of 2 college courses within 2 months, and had a brilliant job that I couldnt cope with.

I've always suspected I might suffer from something where I kept getting depressed, but never thought of Bipolar. I do have periods of mania, or I guess hypomania looking back. However I went to my GP yesterday and she seemed very concerned, and said she thinks I have Bipolar Disorder - so can't prescribe antidepressants in case they induce an episode of mania. So I am now going to the consultant psychiatrist when my refferal comes through.. something which I am not looking forward to waiting for.

So thats basically me. I guess I've come here on a quest for answers, advice and more information.

Thanks in advance

P

prettywoman

You're in the right place, im new here too, and people have been really supportive regardless of issues they have.

M

MisguidedGenius

Thanks - both of you!

Yeah, I've been looking around and it really does seem like a good website with a lot of support and useful advice! :)

P

prettywoman

The main thing is to get support, and this site does just that. Good luck, and keep posting. :)