• Welcome! It’s great to see you. Our forum members are people, maybe like yourself, who experience mental health difficulties or who have had them at some point in their life.

If you'd like to talk with people who know what it's like

A Great Start

G

ghost989

Hi all.

Today I was diagnosed with Rapid Cycling Bipolar. At last I thought, there's a name for what's wrong with me, I can get treatment, I can stop frightening the life out of my friends and family...

Today was a new start, a way to find myself again, a way to be a better person...

Today my partner told me that she didn't want me around anymore, that until I was better I had to move out.

Today my partner told me that she didn't want me around our daughter until I was better.

Today I have swung from low to high to black.

Today I am bipolar.

trombone_babe

trombone_babe

Hi ghost, :welcome: to the forum. What an awful thing to happen to you. Your partner's reaction may just be the shock of you being diagnosed with a mental illness. Maybe once she has had time to think about it she will realise that actually you are still the same person, they just know what's wrong with you now. I really hope that's the case. It can be hard to understand any form of mental illness and it frightens many people. Maybe you could give her some information to read about your condition and any treatments they may offer you to help her come to terms with it. There is information on websites such as MIND amongst others.

I wish you all the best. Keep posting here if it helps.

T

TOONAFISH

:welcome:

Hi. Just wanted to say hi. Glad you getting a diagnosis has helped you. Sorry about your partner and your daughter. That sounds really harsh. speak soon

S

shel

I also suffer from bipolar and am a rapid cycler. I want to give you hope when i tell you with the right treatment and support, I am feeling very well, and in time I hope you will do too. Make sure you knock loudly on the doors of those who can help you. Good luck.

G

ghost989

Thanks everyone, it's just been such an intense day. I'm sat at home on my own working out what the hell I'm going to do and where I'm going to go.

my partner has rationalised that by seperating me from my family she's helping me get better quicker as I've got a goal to aim for.

I can't really blame her I've not been much fun to be around the last 18 months.

I'm going to get through tonight and worry about tomorrow when it arrives.

A

a_wolf

That sucks :( I hope you two get things sorted out. I don't know you're situation, but it does sound like she's in a bit of a shock at the moment. All luck to you!