• Share. Be Supported. Recover.

We are a friendly, safe community supporting each other's mental health. We are open 24 hours a day, 365 days a year.

a few years ago I got into exercise, free weights etc

W

wannabegooroo

I also found playing darts is a good time waster and good for the obsessives, and you can play alone

Purple Chaos

Purple Chaos

There's definitely a huge benefit to exercising and keeping fit when suffering with mental health issues. Unfortunately it often seems that the motivation or strength is just not there. I suppose darts would be a good option that requires little energy. I've tried it before but, for some strange reason, mine didn't like hitting the dart board. Must have been faulty darts! :whistle:

I exercise when I can (ie. rarely!) but if alone I prefer online games, particularly word, number and board games; scrabble, sudoku, backgammon etc. I find everything I do on the computer passes the time very quickly and the hours fly by. Obviously, this doesn't help regarding physical activity but it keeps the brain up to speed.

W

wannabegooroo

sounds like you got it set and you have a sense of altruism and try to support fellow sufferers, I found social media and forums give a good distraction and the hours can fly past very easily.