• Welcome! It’s great to see you.

If you'd like to talk with people who know what it's like

Our forum members are people, maybe like yourself, who experience mental health difficulties or who have had them at some point in their life.

A dog has lowered my mental health symptoms

H

HumbleHubby

Hi all,

I just wanted to recommend getting a pet, preferably a dog (I am biased). I got a Corgi last May and he is a true wonder, loving, affectionate with his own little personality. Going for dog walks in the countryside has be really thearputic (However you spell it) and this has helped me lower my voices, calm me down and lower my anxiety.

Hope this suggestion helps some of you!

Summary:

Get a dog or a pet
Walks in the countryside - Even if it is raining - you can practise mindfulness.

JessisMe

JessisMe

Hi all,

I just wanted to recommend getting a pet, preferably a dog (I am biased). I got a Corgi last May and he is a true wonder, loving, affectionate with his own little personality. Going for dog walks in the countryside has be really thearputic (However you spell it) and this has helped me lower my voices, calm me down and lower my anxiety.

Hope this suggestion helps some of you!

Summary:

Get a dog or a pet
Walks in the countryside - Even if it is raining - you can practise mindfulness.
Nice suggestions. I have a dog and walk it twice a day. Getting out like that is great for my well being and the cuddles and kisses don’t hurt either. 😊👍

H

HumbleHubby

Nice suggestions. I have a dog and walk it twice a day. Getting out like that is great for my well being and the cuddles and kisses don’t hurt either. 😊👍
Dog does wonders doesn't it :)

D

Deleted member 91496

I’d love a Doberman or a French Bulldog. Or a Bull Terrier but I live in a flat so there wouldn’t be enough room. 1592491315659.jpeg

S

Sully9

I agree. If it wasn't for my dogs I probably wouldn't leave the house.
:)