• Welcome! It’s great to see you.

If you'd like to talk with people who know what it's like

Our forum members are people, maybe like yourself, who experience mental health difficulties or who have had them at some point in their life.

A confession....

Urban Hermit

Urban Hermit

I've always been so frightened about telling anyone about the voices because I always thought that their lock me up and throw away the key .... that and the thoughts that said everyone has the internal monologue yours is just an external one ....
And lastly the voices telling me not to say anything because I'd be in bad trouble....

So I hear voices not all the time not necessarily everyday but its been about 30 years of 'strange' thinking and 'childish' fantasy land for me..... I put the last two things in quote marks as people have said to me that I should grow up and stop living in a fantasy land but its so hard when the world is telling you that you are a Prince from another dimension and that you have run away here to plan to reclaim the throne .....

Any thoughts or ideas ???
My lovely amazing fiance Fairy Lu is helping so much but I don't want her to feel under the pressure from all of this

Thanks UH xx

LORD BURT

LORD BURT

I am a little confused. Do you actually hear disembodied voices or are you saying you have an imagination that is out of control?

Urban Hermit

Urban Hermit

I hear voices ..... normally from behind over the shoulder but some times just around me

Urban Hermit

Urban Hermit

I've been reading and I think it could be at as a result of my bipolar disorder and the LSD and other psychedelics I took when I was 15-20

LORD BURT

LORD BURT

No at the moment I'm on mood stabiliser (Depokate) and an anti depresste (Seratilone)
If you tell your GP they will refer you back to CMHT. They will not likely section you unless you are a danger to yourself or others. You will probably be prescribed neuroleptics.

Urban Hermit

Urban Hermit

Thanks Burt..... I have been so worried about telling anyone but I know now that I need to ..... I told the CMHT the other day and I'm waiting to speak to my doctor about it .....

Urban Hermit

Urban Hermit

And I've started listening to you podcast it's good .... keep getting people on

Urban Hermit

Urban Hermit

Cool .... if you want to interview that would be cool ?

NWiddi

NWiddi

Forum Safety Team
Your voice sounds a bit like mine, a grade A fantasist and childlike.

My so called 'psychosis' was my voice having fantasies and dragging me into them, I believe I also had a chemical imbalance where my brain was producing massive amounts of both Endorphins that were like Ecstasy and DMT that is similar to LSD and while I was in this vulnerable mental state this voice of mine was successful in getting me to believe these grandiose fantasies for quite some time.

I suspect you don't believe this voice of yours is telling the truth so that should go in your favour. My hopes are that because you've been able to function for the past 30 years they may just offer you medication instead of sectioning you or asking you to volunteer to go onto a ward like I did for my first episode of psychosis. Whether the professional agree I can't be sure.

Urban Hermit

Urban Hermit

Jeremy won't let me end up in hospital because he doesn't want to leave me incase they hurt me .....