• Share. Be Supported. Recover.

We are a friendly, safe community supporting each other's mental health. We are open 24 hours a day, 365 days a year.

A Christmas thank you

M

Mastiff mom

To me Christmas is a rebirth and this forum is a place for rebirth,too. Thank you to all the people who work to keep this site up and running. Thank you to all who share here, especially those who challenge us to seek healthier lives. Thank you for the compassion that could be the difference between getting through a tough day or giving up. Thank you to those who reach out for help-- you are courageous thank you to you all. I love you!!!

ScaredCat

ScaredCat

I agree with everything you have said MM

I am really glad i found this place. I really appreciate all the staff who work so hard and are so supportive and I know they have their own issues to cope with too. I really appreciate all the members who are so supportive too. In other words I appreciate everyone.

Thankyou MHF

T

Topcat

Ditto :)
And especially thank you to forum staff taking time out on Christmas day too to keep the forum decorum...
Ooh, a poet and I didn't know it :)
:thanks:

Wiseowl

Wiseowl

Thank you to all the people who have supported me this past year through sad times and stressful times. Just knowing people cared really helped me through.

Thank you to all the members and staff on MHF who come together to create a sense of community and support.

Thank you to my counsellor for helping me talk through difficult times and grow as a person.

Thank you to my parents for being such good company yesterday, and giving me my first happy family celebration, it is memory I will cherish.

Mayfair

Mayfair

To me Christmas is a rebirth and this forum is a place for rebirth,too. Thank you to all the people who work to keep this site up and running. Thank you to all who share here, especially those who challenge us to seek healthier lives. Thank you for the compassion that could be the difference between getting through a tough day or giving up. Thank you to those who reach out for help-- you are courageous thank you to you all. I love you!!!
In the context that you wrote that*, I like this sentence MM. I'm very glad I found this site too (I think it was the second that I looked at when I googled mental health forums (or depression forums, can't rem which), but after looking at how quiet many others were, I chose this one, because it looked busier and I liked the threads. I come online everyday, and have ever since, staff or not.

I don't lie and I don't bullshit (other than at work when I'm told to do it), and I think this is the best community that I've ever been amongst, real life or online.

Don't forget, the staff are just members, but some get asked to volunteer some of their time, and some of those people accept and do it, and it's greatly valued. I value myself very highly :D:LOL:

Seriously though :| There are some arguments on here, some clashes of personality, this and that, but if it wasn't like that, I don't think I'd believe this place was real. I suppose like in real life it needs people to run it and police it with some kind of rules.

It's absolutely no different to real life! The only difference is, we can chat in here and discuss things more openly than real life. Mainly due to ignorant morons in the outside world, but hey, we can't change the world. Yet! :D :LOL:

Wait until we get 100k members, then we can pounce!! :evil::cool::nod1::peace:

-

*first part is perhaps subjective, and different dates might feel like this for different people, e.g. NYD, birthday, random day even!

Mayfair

Mayfair

Wow there was only one response when I started typing my post!!

Since the 3rd response was 28 minutes ago, that suggests that I spent <28 minutes to write that!!

I blame my new book, rolling a cig, half watching the Inbetweeners in the background, and putting a load of washing in :D:LOL:

TiredTina

TiredTina

Admin
I am also very grateful to this site as Im not sure where I would have been without it. I have talked about things on here that I would never have been able to anywhere else. Yes we have our differences but that is the same anywhere, at least here we have a better understanding of how other people are feeling and can open up without being judged which is sadly lacking in the outside world. I think that the level of support available here is amazing.

Gajolene

Gajolene

I'm been at a loss for words to say today, not well, and a little down. But wanting to say thanks as well for opening up the world for me, for all the wonderfull and informative links you all take the time to share, I understand myself and my MI family much better, and the forum has made my life not so lonely and feeling misunderstood. I help when I can, to pay it forward, for all the wonderfull support you have all given me. You friends are my best friends, my real friends. Thanks to administrators to for putting their trust in me and making me part of the staff. Thanks again and huge huge huge hugs for everyone.

BlueBerry

BlueBerry

Aww Gajolene, big hugs for you too and take care of yourself sweetie :hug5: :hug: :hug1:

U

unit5

I agree with Mastiff mom on all counts! Christmas is definitely a rebirth for retailers who count on this season for an increase in sales which means lots of people get much-needed jobs over the Christmas season and lots of others get to keep their retail jobs long after the Boxing Day sales are a distant economic echo! Christmas is a lifeline to people in the retail business, a true rebirth of their hopes! It's great that MM has pointed this out! :)

I too am glad that I found this forum, it's easily the most welcoming place I can think of to discuss mental health problems. As much as we like to think that society has accepted people with mental health problems, the reality is that those who have never suffered from depression, panic attacks or paranoia still do not understand. A forum such as this is a lifeline as well; a lifeline for those of us who cannot openly discuss our health problems in public.

Please add my thanks to the admins on this forum, the people who keep it up and running every day of the year! (y)

AliceinWonderland

AliceinWonderland

Admin
I was going to start a thread the other day and call it 'Big up the forum' :rolleyes:, but put it in my work-in-progress file to ponder for a bit. Anyway, this is wot i wrote...

There are some very special people on this forum. I've been struck lately by how very insightful some people are. Some are very knowledgeable, some are very caring, some are funny, some are admirably honest, some are succinct, some are good at banter, some are incredibly brave to post when posting is so challenging, some are good debaters, some are very compassionate, some know just the right words to say, some say things cos they care even if they aren't sure the words are right, some are humble in admitting to mistakes, people are very accepting and non-judgmental. We are all different, but have things in common. It's a good place to be, I find :)

A. x