• Welcome! It’s great to see you. Our forum members are people, maybe like yourself, who experience mental health difficulties or who have had them at some point in their life.

If you'd like to talk with people who know what it's like

A Change that Ripped Me Away from Reality

K

kirishine22

Not long ago, I started at a new schooling institution (of which, is not relevant). The commute between this location and my home was at least a good 40 minutes - not something I'm used to. At all. For the last at least 8 years of my life it has been no less than five, so I knew that the new journey would be a..change. Along with the new schooling, of course.
It would be surreal. And it was.

But boy, did it hit me hard. For the first two weeks, my memory were barely functioning. It's like my brain just couldn't comprehend the existance of almost anything. Per day, (looking back, because in the state I was in at that time I could not have noticed for myself) I could remember a limit of three thoughts, or interactions. I would ignore anybody who asked me how my day was, not because I was blowing them off but because I simply just couldn't say. Was it bad, good? Who knew. I could only rely on how I felt at that very moment, but even that was hard to focus on because my eyesight would pulse and blur occasionally, making life feel like an illusion.

Its been almost a year now. My memory has definitely recuperated, seemingly has fixed itself. But not completely. Sometimes I find myself staring at a wall, with my brain completely turned off; or I am fidgeting with something, brain still limp. Repeating things in my head, talking to myself, blurring vision, short attention span. Some of the things I have noticed.

It's much more toned down now, but I feel for my own sake, I need to know. Is there something wrong with me, or is it nothing to worry about? And if so, what? I really have no idea and I don't want to google-diagnose, but I have nobody I am comfortable talking to (at the moment).

bpd2020

bpd2020

Hello and welcome to the forum. I am sorry you are experiencing this. The best thing is to talk to your doctor about what you have described. They will be able to help you get to the cause.

anex

anex

Hi, kirishine22! That sounds really distressing. There is nothing wrong with you. I experience some of those things, too. Are you able to see a doctor?