• Welcome! It’s great to see you. Our forum members are people, maybe like yourself, who experience mental health difficulties or who have had them at some point in their life.

If you'd like to talk with people who know what it's like

A car accident.

S

Slightlydylan

I feel terrible. I feel like I have dug myself a hole that will cause distress for the ones I love for years.

Today I was driving my daughter to school in traffic. I had intent to switch lanes, glanced at the mirror, looked back and saw brake lights. Crash. I wasn't going more the 20 mph but the damage was done. Nobody hurt but the front of my car was crushed (their car had a couple scratches.). I was scared and called my wife who did not take it well. She made no attempt at comfort.

There is no way I can take care of the damage outside insurance. I'm looking at $1000 deductible and increased rates that will put further stress on our family. I feel so helpless. I just don't know how to handle this.... I just want to hide in the dark...

Jimny

Jimny

Hi Slightlydan and welcome to the forum.
It seems like you are in shock, I have had this happen and was shaken up. Thankfully you were going at such a low speed, nobody was hurt and what a blessing.
Some people react badly to bad news, your wife probably needs a bit of time.
The damage always looks far worse than it is initially. I am guessing from what you have said that there was only very minor damage to the other vehicle, another blessing.
Please try not to worry too much and dwell on it, sleep on it and hopefully tomorrow you can thank the stars that it wasn't much worse.
There is always a way to fix objects, as that is all they are objects. I really hope this works out for you.