A bath, a brew and a benzo: is this what Home Treatment Teams have come to?

SomersetScorpio

SomersetScorpio

Oh my gosh.. I am flabbergasted but how bloody accurate those three things are.
That is all you get, summed up perfectly!! x

coldwater00

coldwater00

If we had a bath every time we felt like crap we would be swimming all day like a bloody dolphin
The comments are quite amusing (weirdly) on the article. Someone saying they don't take into account 6 cups of tea have already been drunk that day and they can't take baths because of a heart condition.

Toasted Crumpet

Toasted Crumpet

ACCOUNT CLOSED
Who can be arsed to have a bath when they are feeling crap? There's all that cleaning to do after and you still have to rinse yourself off with the shower. I am too lazy to have a bath. The only time I did was after my leg was first injured and my physio told me to try and activate my quads in the bath, as the water would support them.

Maybe the bath is meant to support our brains too, which is more than the HTT seem able to

coldwater00

coldwater00

Who can be arsed to have a bath when they are feeling crap? There's all that cleaning to do after and you still have to rinse yourself off with the shower. I am too lazy to have a bath. The only time I did was after my leg was first injured and my physio told me to try and activate my quads in the bath, as the water would support them.

Maybe the bath is meant to support our brains too, which is more than the HTT seem able to
I think its a really stupid idea too.

Last edited by a moderator:
Toasted Crumpet

Toasted Crumpet

ACCOUNT CLOSED
Baths depress me because they make me look fat. At least standing up in the shower my stomach doesn't look so wobbly.

Given that a lot of the time I've felt suicidal has been when my eating has been very out of control, I can't think that getting naked and looking at my wobbly bits in the bath would help my state of mind.

And no I can't use bubble bath - I have eczema.

coldwater00

coldwater00

Baths depress me because they make me look fat. At least standing up in the shower my stomach doesn't look so wobbly.

Given that a lot of the time I've felt suicidal has been when my eating has been very out of control, I can't think that getting naked and looking at my wobbly bits in the bath would help my state of mind.

And no I can't use bubble bath - I have eczema.

I'm the opposite, don't find baths very comfortable because my bones dig into it.. my back is really boney for some reason. Got that weird body type where my shoulders and torso are really thin...and I get too sweaty.

Showers are good though - I have a shower every night before I sleep.

Don't know why they suggest tea though? They don't even let you drink real tea in hospital.

Last edited:
Toasted Crumpet

Toasted Crumpet

ACCOUNT CLOSED
I'm the opposite, don't find baths very comfortable because my bones dig into it.. my back is really boney for some reason. Got that weird body type where my shoulders and torso are really thin...and I get too sweaty.

Showers are good though - I have a shower every night before I sleep.

Don't know why they suggest tea though? They don't even let you drink real tea in hospital.
I think they should suggest coffee instead, as when I drink loads of coffee I feel really wheeeeeeeeeeeeeeee!!!! and want to jump up and down and do star jumps and press ups even though I can't do impact exercise and then I could phone them up and talk non stop about Doctor Who and by the end of it they would probably feel suicidal themselves

SomersetScorpio

SomersetScorpio

LOL, cheers for the laughs. This thread is quite funny.

Yeah, my bath is quite narrow (probably normal sized actually.. but still) and I have to lie in it like a sardine with my arms glued to the my sides if i'm to fit in it.
If I roll on my front it's somewhat better.. probably due to two huge flotation devices on my chest area? :LOL:

Is chai tea as effective as normal tea? I do like my chai.
Why don't hippies like normal tea? Because proper-tea is theft.. *boom boom, tish* x

coldwater00

coldwater00

LOL, cheers for the laughs. This thread is quite funny.

Yeah, my bath is quite narrow (probably normal sized actually.. but still) and I have to lie in it like a sardine with my arms glued to the my sides if i'm to fit in it.
If I roll on my front it's somewhat better.. probably due to two huge flotation devices on my chest area? :LOL:

Is chai tea as effective as normal tea? I do like my chai.
Why don't hippies like normal tea? Because proper-tea is theft.. *boom boom, tish* x
Sorry I laughed at the sardine thing :LOL:

Yeah I reckon HTT should start throwing tea parties.

And rename themselves the Happy-TiddlyTea-And bath advice-Team ..

Last edited:
coldwater00

coldwater00

That reminds me of when I was a kid and had a pretend tea set and used to sit my bears round and give them a little tea party.
I used to smack my bears .. Lol. My Mum used to come into my room and say "Are you beating Alistair up again?" - because my bear was called Alistair.

I got smacked a lot as a kid so I just used to transfer all the anger onto my teddies.

Toasted Crumpet

Toasted Crumpet

ACCOUNT CLOSED
One of my oldest bears is now having therapy, given to him by one of my rabbits, because he grew up with my mum screaming and shouting at me all the time and had to cuddle me as I cried myself to sleep night after night. He's a very elderly bear now.