• Share. Be Supported. Recover.

We are a friendly, safe community supporting each other's mental health. We are open 24 hours a day, 365 days a year.

8 Love Letters That Remind Sexual Assault Survivors They Are Not Alone

SomersetScorpio

SomersetScorpio

Oh gosh.. the second one I thought was from a mother, purely because of the emotive language, but when I saw "Love Dad" I welled up. :cry:

I have to say I also found the phrase "You are the monument of survival and recovery you erected in its place" something wonderful. To take a word that has sexual connotations (erect) and could potentially trigger and use it in a context that pays homage to someone's bravery is really amazing.

All of these letters are really touching in their own way. Some poetic, some shocking, some poignant. It's a really great idea. Maybe i'll write my own soon. :)

Gajolene

Gajolene

I thought of adding to the compaigne myself. I could probably write a novel though. The one that separated incidents by age got me particularily, listed numbers of people told who did nothing and such hit home with me. I am still dumbfounded losing this last therapist that help such promise out of the blue. I must say I do give up on therapy, and am going another route. That's PTSD for you, never forgotten, just learning to cope and survive and thrive and learn.....any way you can.