• Share. Be Supported. Recover.

We are a friendly, safe community supporting each other's mental health. We are open 24 hours a day, 365 days a year.

70 Symptoms Of Depression - check your score

J

James Buchanan

If I tried I'm sure I could list well over a 100!

M

mad as a hatter

think we,ve all experinced some these symptoms at 1 time or other i know i have

KP1

KP1

Founding Member
uuummm about 40 I think but some of the symtoms sound like bi polar high symtoms.

Thanks for that depressing test!

S

staples

i scored quite high on that list, but im not interested in having my diagnosis changed

D

Dollit

I think this is a bit too generalised for it to be of any real use - I mean fear of teenage gangs? That's hardly a symptom of depression. And some of the symptoms are reminiscent of bipolar disorder. I think how we feel and what are symptoms aren't always the same thing.

J

jamesdean

i just didnt get involved with this nonsense; i heard the other day on the tv that gun crime is now called a disease, i've never heard anything like it.

D

Dollit

I think in the gun crime story they used the word disease as an analogy JD, it wasn't meant to be taken literally. Journalistic license!

J

jamesdean

sorry gobrien i didnt mean 2 b little your post,
gun crime the thing is i did take the gun crime story literaly because i seen the next story coming "these people taking up all the nhs sevices n being put on top benefits" because of thier "disease"

J

James Buchanan

I got what you were saying, it's very useful to keep a track of your progress and this is one way to do so. Personally I wouldn't want to try and make a list in the first place, the prospect seems quite daunting. All those symptons in front of me. That's just me though!

F

FruitCakeInKent

i just didnt get involved with this nonsense; i heard the other day on the tv that gun crime is now called a disease, i've never heard anything like it.
That's utterly hilarious!

On-topic: many, many of those.

G

gunnerwho

I think that the list quoted is extremely useful and a good yardstick for anybody to use. Mental illness is hardly an exact science and I think anyone whether they're a diagnosed depressive or not could benefit from it. It could also serve as a useful target for people who want to "attack" their depression. I wouldn't mind ticking a few of those boxes as dealt with as I know it will make me feel better.

To be more concise, great list!

Last edited:
Q

quality factor

Hi!
I could identify with many of those statements.
It struck me too that they were more indicative of a mood swing problem than depression, maybe Bipolar?
Anyway if you've gone as far as identifying these things maybe you're half way to dealing with them at your own pace.:)

herbie

herbie

I also noticed that some of those were symptoms of the manic phase of bipolar. It might be a good idea to split the list into 2 halves and see if the balance shifts from one side to another. I keep a daily mood diary which does a similar thing and gives me a bit of advance warning of a forthcoming moodswing.