• Welcome! It’s great to see you.

Our forum members are people, maybe like yourself, who experience mental health difficulties or who have had them at some point in their life.

For more features and forums

70 Symptoms Of Depression - check your score

J

James Buchanan

If I tried I'm sure I could list well over a 100!

M

mad as a hatter

think we,ve all experinced some these symptoms at 1 time or other i know i have

KP1

KP1

Founding Member
uuummm about 40 I think but some of the symtoms sound like bi polar high symtoms.

Thanks for that depressing test!

S

staples

i scored quite high on that list, but im not interested in having my diagnosis changed

D

Dollit

I think this is a bit too generalised for it to be of any real use - I mean fear of teenage gangs? That's hardly a symptom of depression. And some of the symptoms are reminiscent of bipolar disorder. I think how we feel and what are symptoms aren't always the same thing.

J

jamesdean

i just didnt get involved with this nonsense; i heard the other day on the tv that gun crime is now called a disease, i've never heard anything like it.

D

Dollit

I think in the gun crime story they used the word disease as an analogy JD, it wasn't meant to be taken literally. Journalistic license!

J

jamesdean

sorry gobrien i didnt mean 2 b little your post,
gun crime the thing is i did take the gun crime story literaly because i seen the next story coming "these people taking up all the nhs sevices n being put on top benefits" because of thier "disease"

J

James Buchanan

I got what you were saying, it's very useful to keep a track of your progress and this is one way to do so. Personally I wouldn't want to try and make a list in the first place, the prospect seems quite daunting. All those symptons in front of me. That's just me though!

F

FruitCakeInKent

i just didnt get involved with this nonsense; i heard the other day on the tv that gun crime is now called a disease, i've never heard anything like it.
That's utterly hilarious!

On-topic: many, many of those.

G

gunnerwho

I think that the list quoted is extremely useful and a good yardstick for anybody to use. Mental illness is hardly an exact science and I think anyone whether they're a diagnosed depressive or not could benefit from it. It could also serve as a useful target for people who want to "attack" their depression. I wouldn't mind ticking a few of those boxes as dealt with as I know it will make me feel better.

To be more concise, great list!

Last edited:
Q

quality factor

Hi!
I could identify with many of those statements.
It struck me too that they were more indicative of a mood swing problem than depression, maybe Bipolar?
Anyway if you've gone as far as identifying these things maybe you're half way to dealing with them at your own pace.:)

herbie

herbie

I also noticed that some of those were symptoms of the manic phase of bipolar. It might be a good idea to split the list into 2 halves and see if the balance shifts from one side to another. I keep a daily mood diary which does a similar thing and gives me a bit of advance warning of a forthcoming moodswing.