6 months and counting

B

BPB1984

I've been suffering depression for over a decade but, as with most of us, there's periods of low mood and periods where the mood is not low.

I am currently in the former and have been for 6 months, the most sustained low mood spell I've ever had to endure.

It's not going well, it's not getting better, I've had treatment. I'm not ok.

Skynet

Skynet

I've been suffering depression for over a decade but, as with most of us, there's periods of low mood and periods where the mood is not low.

I am currently in the former and have been for 6 months, the most sustained low mood spell I've ever had to endure.

It's not going well, it's not getting better, I've had treatment. I'm not ok.
May I ask if you're on antidepressants?

B

BPB1984

Not at the minute. Tried them lots over the years but never felt the benefit of them.

J

JCPraha

I know how you feel. It is terrible when I am in a prolonged depression. I generally make decisions that are not wise, and harmful to me in the long term when in such a state. I don't have any easy answers to it, I fight my own battles with mixed success, and I suppose the answer is different for each person.

Maybe you can try an anti-depressant that is different than the others you have tried. I am on Brintellix and it is somewhat helpful.