• Welcome! It’s great to see you. Our forum members are people, maybe like yourself, who experience mental health difficulties or who have had them at some point in their life.

If you'd like to talk with people who know what it's like

???

F

foxy

Hi im a 18 year old girl who was wondering if some one can she some light as of what might be up with me.
Iv'e NEVER!!! and i mean never had a problem with socializing before, I was always the one who made people laugh and had something funny to say when ever it was quiet, But for 4 years I was going out with a boy who ended up breaking my heart and leaveing me feeling like i have a piece of me missing, and when i think of him my hands go funny and my heart feels weak.
Im not the healthy person going Iv'e being smoking canabis for the last 3 years and occiasinonly miss useing other substances aswell.
But now the thing is that now i haven't seen or go to know any of my mates properly that when they knock ill instnatly go out and TRY my best to fit in.
n now the problem with that is my mates are crazy i mean theire messed up, There up all the time abuseing pills, coke, speed, ket, trips, etc and there always robbing things and chatting totaly random shit which i mean its so funny but i carnt seem to JOIN IN ??? I sit there totaly quite all night and when i do say something it comes out all shakey and i feel like i carnt walk sometime i dont know whats up with me? Iv'e never ever had a problem with just talking for hours about nothing to even talk about. But when i'm with them they just skitz me out. I always feel like there talking about you right infront of you if you no what i mean. I dont no what to do or what is up with me. I feel like i carnt do anything on my own and iv'e lost who i was. They all look at me like i'm some kind of freak when im sat there all quite i feel so lost can someone help me please. :mad: I'm sorry if that was really long X

S

*Sapphire*

Hi Foxy and :welcome: to the forum.

The only advice I can offer is to perhaps stop smoking cannabis, and stop hanging around people who take drugs all the time and are stealing. Both can make you very paranoid and socially anxious.

The effects of the cannabis may not go straight away but after a while you should see some benefit in that hopefully your paranoia and social anxiety will reduce.

If you come off the cannabis and other drugs and are still struggling then it might be worth seeing your GP to see if they can help. However there is little help they can give you if you are still using substances and hanging around people that are likely to cause such extreme anxiety in the first place.

A

Apotheosis

The only advice I can offer is to perhaps stop smoking cannabis, and stop hanging around people who take drugs all the time and are stealing. Both can make you very paranoid and socially anxious.
Good advice. I Did a lot of drugs. I was smoking a lot of pot & hanging around with idiots; after around 4 years of it I was sectioned at 17/18; & that was the beginnings of 20 odd years of severe MH issues. It took a long time to stop the drugs; & drop the fools. Now older, & off drugs, I see people getting into problems a lot. I know an 18 year old girl that is smoking pot, drinking & doing some other drugs - she is going insane; but she won't listen, I don't bother trying to help any more. I think that people have to work things out for themselves - people don't generally want to learn from the experience of others - although they could do if they tried.

F

foxy

thanks, some really good advice !
really might take on board stopping cannabis it pure makes me depressed i think lol and really paranoid. Iv'e just fount myself closeing all the blinds so no one can see me I'm sure i heard them call me a skitzo the other night and that sent me more skitz lol. I dont know whats up with me ive alwaysway being able to stick up 4 meself but it just feels like i lose my voice when i go out they dont talk to each other they just shout out random words ? actually i think i might just sit there and shout out random words lol. But no good advice but do you think there something up with me like when i tell people im gunna get off i start going all shakey and nervey like my hands are allways shakein when im passing some one a fag or what eva x

S

*Sapphire*

To be honest that sounds like extreme anxiety. I have the same thing when I get really anxious, my whole body starts shaking, including hands, and the world starts spinning and I get worried that I might not even be able to walk in a straight line!

If you have never had a problem before then it really is likely to be from the build up of the cannabis you are smoking and the length of time you have been smoking it. I would stop smoking it for a few months and see how you are then. If anxiety is still a problem then, then perhaps it's best you see your GP.

To be honest if your mates are up on drugs as often as you say they are, and already displaying odd behaviors then they are likely to be suffering effects too, but may hide it better. And if they are not now it is very likely they will be getting them at some point in the future if they don't stop. Perhaps you can set the trend in them stopping, or be the one they may turn to if and when they want to stop, if that is what you want to do.

I'm glad you have recognised that giving up cannabis is a good idea, because in my opinion often those that smoke cannabis and suffer with anxiety and paranoia are in complete denial that cannabis may be causing it, when more often than not, it is.

A

Apotheosis

Foxy - Drug education & the attitudes to drug use in this country is very backward & stupid. We all know that drugs are generally good. The problem is that they are highly addictive; & they have often very severe consequences. When you start using drugs; & when your young; you never think that those consequences will happen to you; people just think - I'll handle it; & I'll stop when I want to. Years go by; & it takes a long time to realise that things aren't that simple or easy. I didn't sit at school & decide that I'd be a using addict for 17 years; & have 20 years of severe mental illness.

Maybe try talking to someone that's sensible; or that can give you some proper advice. Other pot heads won't help you in any way to stop smoking pot.

I'm not saying this to be nasty - You may think that you know about things; & that you have comprehensive life experience - with respect - you don't. It takes a long time to get more comprehensive life experience. & we are all learning whatever our age. But to many; they would consider you still a child. You can do something now about how things are.