• Share. Be Supported. Recover.

We are a friendly, safe community supporting each other's mental health. We are open 24 hours a day, 365 days a year.

5 Myths Around Bullying

SomersetScorpio

SomersetScorpio

Really interesting article and I agree with a lot of what's been said.
I'm up way past my bedtime so won't do a full analysis now, but will look at it again when I can write more because I think it's a good thing to discuss.

Similar threads
Thread starter Title Forum Replies Date
B I was physically abused as a chid and now i can't be around my step dad, i don't know how much longer i can last like this. How can i cope? Trauma & Physical, Sexual and Mental Abuse Forum 11
calmleaves ***TRIGGER WARNING - Discussed physical abuse, ED, bullying*** new day is just new pain and new obstacles. will this ever end? Trauma & Physical, Sexual and Mental Abuse Forum 3
I How do you cope with bullying? Trauma & Physical, Sexual and Mental Abuse Forum 24
Ramson mash Are we bullying my friend? Trauma & Physical, Sexual and Mental Abuse Forum 7
AA153 Bullying Trauma & Physical, Sexual and Mental Abuse Forum 2
Bluejay7500 Its like i got addicting to bullying. Trauma & Physical, Sexual and Mental Abuse Forum 13
C I have a question for all you regarding being a victim of bullying Trauma & Physical, Sexual and Mental Abuse Forum 37
S How to deal with PTSD from bullying Trauma & Physical, Sexual and Mental Abuse Forum 5
H Toxic relationships, stress, trauma, bullying, physical/mental/emotional abuse. Trauma & Physical, Sexual and Mental Abuse Forum 5
G Online bullying & trolling. Trauma & Physical, Sexual and Mental Abuse Forum 32
G Bullying, Name calling at work Trauma & Physical, Sexual and Mental Abuse Forum 7
T Bullying has left my mental state in a mess! Trauma & Physical, Sexual and Mental Abuse Forum 11
maggiecraft permanent trauma from bullying? Trauma & Physical, Sexual and Mental Abuse Forum 3
megirl Bullying-why me Trauma & Physical, Sexual and Mental Abuse Forum 8
S anger, mania bullying Trauma & Physical, Sexual and Mental Abuse Forum 6
A Being Gentle and Kindhearted As a Target For Bullying. Trauma & Physical, Sexual and Mental Abuse Forum 19
K Spent decades battling childhood bullying Trauma & Physical, Sexual and Mental Abuse Forum 1
F The menace of bullying Trauma & Physical, Sexual and Mental Abuse Forum 4
M Workplace Bullying not acceptable ! Trauma & Physical, Sexual and Mental Abuse Forum 7
H How to deal with bullying etc. Trauma & Physical, Sexual and Mental Abuse Forum 3
L Bullying Trauma & Physical, Sexual and Mental Abuse Forum 4
F Anxiety and depression caused by childhood bullying decline over time Trauma & Physical, Sexual and Mental Abuse Forum 3
B My experience with bullying. Advice please please please Trauma & Physical, Sexual and Mental Abuse Forum 6
F Solutions to Bullying Traumas Trauma & Physical, Sexual and Mental Abuse Forum 2
S Bad Company _ Bullying Trauma & Physical, Sexual and Mental Abuse Forum 3
I Is this definitely bullying? Trauma & Physical, Sexual and Mental Abuse Forum 6
blueMandM90 Sharing my experience with Bullying Trauma & Physical, Sexual and Mental Abuse Forum 1
F The bullying of children who are different Trauma & Physical, Sexual and Mental Abuse Forum 19
L Why is it that with bullying or domestic abuse the victim has to move or put up with and not the abuser? Trauma & Physical, Sexual and Mental Abuse Forum 8
F How can we protect children from the harmful effects of bullying? – live chat Trauma & Physical, Sexual and Mental Abuse Forum 1
M Bullying may have worse long-term effects than child abuse. NHS Choices. Trauma & Physical, Sexual and Mental Abuse Forum 5
F We need to talk about bullying – as a nation Trauma & Physical, Sexual and Mental Abuse Forum 10
echo66 Virtual (cyber) bullying.... Trauma & Physical, Sexual and Mental Abuse Forum 3
M The Link between Bullying and Children’s Body Image Trauma & Physical, Sexual and Mental Abuse Forum 1
M Effects and Results of bullying. (School aged) Trauma & Physical, Sexual and Mental Abuse Forum 2
J Not sure if I am being targeted at work bullying / harrassment Trauma & Physical, Sexual and Mental Abuse Forum 2
BrianHorlicks what i think about bullying. Trauma & Physical, Sexual and Mental Abuse Forum 6
M Sibling Bullying Trauma & Physical, Sexual and Mental Abuse Forum 15
M Bullying for own good? Trauma & Physical, Sexual and Mental Abuse Forum 11
M Dad's Horrifying Undercover Recordings Catch Teachers Bullying His Autistic Son Trauma & Physical, Sexual and Mental Abuse Forum 1
M Study, 2013: Childhood bullying 'damages adult life' Trauma & Physical, Sexual and Mental Abuse Forum 2
M Bullying: A Silent Epidemic Trauma & Physical, Sexual and Mental Abuse Forum 1
M Emotional Bullying Trauma & Physical, Sexual and Mental Abuse Forum 1
M Female to Female Bullying Trauma & Physical, Sexual and Mental Abuse Forum 10
M Banter Or Bullying? Trauma & Physical, Sexual and Mental Abuse Forum 5
M Sibling Bullying linked to later Depresson Trauma & Physical, Sexual and Mental Abuse Forum 3
F A Shared Genetic Propensity Underlies Experiences of Bullying Victimization in Late Childhood and Self-Rated Paranoid Thinking in Adolescence Trauma & Physical, Sexual and Mental Abuse Forum 6
M My husband bullying me Trauma & Physical, Sexual and Mental Abuse Forum 22
M Bullying and PTSD Trauma & Physical, Sexual and Mental Abuse Forum 7
M Advice about Bullying manager Trauma & Physical, Sexual and Mental Abuse Forum 2