• Welcome! It’s great to see you. Our forum members are people, maybe like yourself, who experience mental health difficulties or who have had them at some point in their life.

If you'd like to talk with people who know what it's like

5 HTP

I

incognito78

Hi guys,

I just recently went through a bit of an anxious period over christmas and did some research about natural herbal tablets that can reduce anxiety. I just felt this could be a step in the right direction along with more exercise and other steps. Anyway, to cut a long story short I ended up reading about '5 HTP' and how it can reduce anxiety and stress and even increase levels of serotonin. You can buy them from health shop's and chemists and dont need a perscription although I believe you shouldn't take them if you are on any other meds. Since taking them I do feel better in myself and the constant low feeling has gone. Has anyone else tried these before? I'd be very interested to know your experiences :meanie::clap:

C

ChesireCat

Yeah. I took them for a couple months and felt a little better. Out of them now though.

LORD BURT

LORD BURT

I take 5-htp. Only been on it for 2 weeks or so. It is difficult to say its effect - but I am less anxious now.

I

incognito78

Same here only a couple of weeks but feeling less anxious :)