• Welcome! It’s great to see you. Our forum members are people, maybe like yourself, who experience mental health difficulties or who have had them at some point in their life.

If you'd like to talk with people who know what it's like

5-6 different personalities

Diesel1988

Diesel1988

it was a weird experience i had today, i had a appointment and when i was talking to the psychologist, i heard myself, I like turned into 5-6 different people, from the way i sat, to how I talked, and my BF was watching me like he wanted to get the heck outta there. I wanted to get outta there too, but i stayed, I felt kinda scared, annoyed, and confused about this event. I've noticed the different personalities I had so many times, but I'm always on the go and never think about it. i remember everything about my day, I don't black out or anything, but i think its just normal for me to be like this, a coping mechanism for all the wrong things in my life. There's a shy one, a very child-like one that just nods and avoids eye=contact , a male one who hates everything including me, a really over female one...like you know:cheer:....maybe another one, and me.
I think i understand and accept this now. i've been like this for many years and its so odd that i cant change this about Me, but i guess me will have to be We.

*autumn*

*autumn*

ACCOUNT CLOSED
Hi Diesel1988,

I think that's a really good way of looking at things. I like the way you've used 'we'.
It gives an acceptance of the different parts of you.

That's what i'm looking for, to acknowledge the different parts of me, to have an awareness, to develop my consciousness and integrate.

Take care.

Jaminacaranda

Jaminacaranda

People tend to believe everyone has one 'fixed' personality that represents the 'me' for them but I don't personally believe that is true. In fact, if you think about, it's a bit silly. People don't behave in exactly the same way wherever they go. Behaviour is far more context-specific than many people accept. You appear to be sensitive to the different ways you can behave to project different personalities - I'd say that's a very good social skill. You just need to work out which personality to project in which situation to the best effect!

MarlieeB

ACCOUNT CLOSED
People tend to believe everyone has one 'fixed' personality that represents the 'me' for them but I don't personally believe that is true. In fact, if you think about, it's a bit silly. People don't behave in exactly the same way wherever they go. Behaviour is far more context-specific than many people accept. You appear to be sensitive to the different ways you can behave to project different personalities - I'd say that's a very good social skill. You just need to work out which personality to project in which situation to the best effect!
I agree with what JC said. When it comes to the part I have bolded, everyone has different personalities in different situations, I certainly do. I even give names to them.

Jaminacaranda

Jaminacaranda

Actually my partner has Asperger's and part of his problem is the exact opposite - the fact that he can't modify his behaviour in different situations!

Diesel1988

Diesel1988

it was weird also that 40 minutes or so into the psychiatric assessment, the Doctor also had a weird personality poke through, and it sounded like Clint Eastwood, and for a second his expression kinda resembled him....i thought that was too funny 5-6 personalities on one side, and the Doctor with a Clint Eastwood personality on the other....Too funny.

Thread starter Similar threads Forum Replies Date
O Borderline Personality Disorder Forum 6