• Share. Be Supported. Recover.

We are a friendly, safe community supporting each other's mental health. We are open 24 hours a day, 365 days a year.

3rd work Capability Assessment

B

Beckz1205

I had my 2nd WCA in December 2017 after filling in and returning my 2nd ESA50 form. The assessment went well and in February 2018 I received a letter from the dwp saying I was in the work related group and I would have an appointment with my advisor soon. I received a letter with an appointment in August. I went to said appointment although I was given the wrong information and told my advisor wasn’t in (even though I found out later he was in the building the whole time) and was sent to see someone else who saw me for 5 mins and took a few basic details. Now in September I have received my 3rd ESA50 form. I don’t understand why I am having to fill out this form AGAIN and potentially have another WCA when it hasn’t even been 12 months since my last one AND I haven’t even seen my job centre advisor in that time, so I have essentially had no support from them. Has anyone else had more than one WCA or have any information about why I might need to have another etc? TIA

Beckz

R

ramboghettouk

Founding Member
I had my 2nd WCA in December 2017 after filling in and returning my 2nd ESA50 form. The assessment went well and in February 2018 I received a letter from the dwp saying I was in the work related group and I would have an appointment with my advisor soon. I received a letter with an appointment in August. I went to said appointment although I was given the wrong information and told my advisor wasn’t in (even though I found out later he was in the building the whole time) and was sent to see someone else who saw me for 5 mins and took a few basic details. Now in September I have received my 3rd ESA50 form. I don’t understand why I am having to fill out this form AGAIN and potentially have another WCA when it hasn’t even been 12 months since my last one AND I haven’t even seen my job centre advisor in that time, so I have essentially had no support from them. Has anyone else had more than one WCA or have any information about why I might need to have another etc? TIA

Beckz
maybe they think you should be in the support group not the work related group, i guess it's how you feel about it

J

JPG2502

sorry to hear you are being harassed aswell, think we are just unlucky. I received my ESA50 a mere 10 months after my last WCA, they took a while getting back to me and I now have another WCA on this coming Friday so about a year since the last one!! God only knows what they are expecting to be different during this assessment since the last. I am currently in the Support Group and I am actually on more medication now than I was during last assessment . common sense should tell the DWP another assessment is not necessary, though they are probably trying to get me in WRAG or take benefits off me altogether.
I hear of people who don't get assessed for years. God knows why it's one rule for some.

M

Mr Ploppy

I’m on ESA in a support group and I have an assessment every year or so, I’m on my third.

soulsearcher

soulsearcher

I’m on ESA in a support group and I have an assessment every year or so, I’m on my third.
im on ESA support group but havent had a work capability assessment

M

Mr Ploppy

im on ESA support group but havent had a work capability assessment
I know of people who have gone years without one, possibly up to ten years, but mine crop up every year or so, there seems no logic in it, I don’t know why I’m called in every year, nothing changes, in fact things get a bit worse.

soulsearcher

soulsearcher

I know of people who have gone years without one, possibly up to ten years, but mine crop up every year or so, there seems no logic in it, I don’t know why I’m called in every year, nothing changes, in fact things get a bit worse.
yea i dont quite get it, i think it depends on how you fill in the esa50 form

C

claude

When they do the assessments they put a note on your file for when to trigger the next assessment, from memory so I might be wrong but it can be 6months, 1 year, 2 years, 10 years. It depends on wether they think you have a chance to improve in those time schedules but I really don't know how they decide that

R

ramboghettouk

Founding Member
when i asked them they said 18 months that was a no of years ago, worry about that letter arriving, i did do a good job and did a good job with the pip transfer, i wasn't called in either time

W

*winofunk*

Work Capability Assessment

The guidance the DWP issues to healthcare professionals who carry out WCAs is available online, on the gov.uk website - 'The Work Capability Handbook for Healthcare

I have tried to attach a screenshot of what it says about advising the DWP on when a claimant should have their case looked at again but I was unable to do it. The information I was trying to share is under section 3.10. It does not, however, mention timescales.

What I can say is that I was placed in the support group in 2017 and on the medical report it recommended that I be reviewed in the 'medium term'. I got another ESA50 10 months later.

W

*winofunk*

****** ooops.

It is actually called The Work Capability Assessment Handbook for Healthcare Professionals. Omitting the 'professionals' was just that, an omission...not a comment on the lack of professionalism/knowledge of those conducting the assessments...honest