34 and my first ever counselor thinks I have an eating disorder.

L

Lilou34

Im 34. I live alone and decided after years of going from one guy to another and feeling numb even with sex id give counselling a try. I do have low self esteem ill admit and still want to lose weight and have some food issues but doesnt everyone??? I told her I been purging for almost 10 years now. Not every day though and mostly at weekends. I lost a lot of weight before that from restricting and was clost to an eating disorder but I pulled myself back in time. Although now I feel like im in control of purging and sometimes fasting that i decide to do. However when i told her i believed i didnt have an eating disorder her eyerbrows shot up and she couldnt believe i said that. Am i crazy? I dont believe Im ill.

L

linus

You found a coping mechanism for your emotions that for sure is not a healthy one (you can read by yourself about the risks, they are multiple). Planning a diet, exercising each day, will give you much more energy and stability. As Romans said: “mens sana in corpore sano”

L

Lilou34

You found a coping mechanism for your emotions that for sure is not a healthy one (you can read by yourself about the risks, they are multiple). Planning a diet, exercising each day, will give you much more energy and stability. As Romans said: “mens sana in corpore sano”
It all sounds logical to me when someone says about being healthy. I just dont think I have an actual disorder. I hope she sees this after a while.

L

linus

As you described it as sure seems so, maybe not a serious one, but doing like this for that many years, it should get your attention to sort it out

L

Lilou34

I intend to be honest with the counselor. I am a reasonable person. Ive always looked to the facts in situations. I just genuinely dont feel like im ill. I feel in control. I went to her for emotional numbness and depression. I guess time will tell.

Thread starter Similar threads Forum Replies Date
F Introduce Yourself 8
T Introduce Yourself 12
C Introduce Yourself 6
S Introduce Yourself 7
sudo Introduce Yourself 4