• Share. Be Supported. Recover.

We are a friendly, safe community supporting each other's mental health. We are open 24 hours a day, 365 days a year.

27 year old guy never had girlfriend

W

WinnerChicken

Hello i am 27 year old guy and a lot of people compliment me that im not to shabby looking.

i always take care in my appearance. people have said im not half bad looking.

i'm wondering does my anxiety get in the way of me getting a GF? ive seen so many women i fancy who i chat to but im always scared to take it to the next level im an extremely anxious person despite being diagnosed schitzo affective bipolar disorder. I get super nervous around people especially women and now i have lost so many friends ignoring them cos i dont want any contact due to my nerves. Its freaking annoying seeing all these people with Gf's and im always alone. The only time im confident is when im drunk. :low:

LORD BURT

LORD BURT

Forget all that romance shit. Just make friends with a girl you like. Be natural and enjoy the relationship. If it is meant to be, it will grow in its own accord.

American Boy

American Boy

ACCOUNT CLOSED
Forget it altogether, I know how you feel bud I was the same so eventually I just went with woman who I didn't really fancy. To be honest I wouldn't bother, it just messes your head up and all ends in tears. The world of dating is cold. I'd just concentrate on doing your own things and what makes you happy. Also relationships are generally one sided.

LORD BURT

LORD BURT

Forget all that romance shit. Just make friends with a girl you like. Be natural and enjoy the relationship. If it is meant to be, it will grow in its own accord.
Sorry i may take that back. If you feel romantic go for it. You are much younger and better looking than me.

But looks are not everything.

I just dont want you to put too much pressure on yourself. Having a friend as a girl may relax you and be good for you.

American Boy

American Boy

ACCOUNT CLOSED
Sorry i may take that back. If you feel romantic go for it. You are much younger and better looking than me.

But looks are not everything.

I just dont want you to put too much pressure on yourself. Having a friend as a girl may relax you and be good for you.
Women don't want romance I've been trying the whole romance thing for years, they don't want it some might say they do but when it comes to it, they don't wanna know.

The whole love/dating thing alone is a lot of pressure, to woman we are just another guy that they have knocked back. They sit back and do all the picking and choosing, why f**king bother I've given up with looking for love.

Having a female friend might not be the best move, it could be emotionally damaging in fact.

I had a few female friends one of them I thought things were developing we knew each other for a few years until bam... she sees a guy that she wants and thats the end of that. I did so much for her as well, it just made me realize that I'm too good for that shit.

Last edited by a moderator:
W

WinnerChicken

Forget it altogether, I know how you feel bud I was the same so eventually I just went with woman who I didn't really fancy. To be honest I wouldn't bother, it just messes your head up and all ends in tears. The world of dating is cold. I'd just concentrate on doing your own things and what makes you happy. Also relationships are generally one sided.
i feel pretty much like you mate could do without the crap and yeah ive tried getting on with women who arent lookers but i just not into it.

W

WinnerChicken

p.s. dating sites are awful just get swiped everytime without getting a chance. super depressing

Kennythetiger

Kennythetiger

Dating sites are an option! But apps aren't. There're a lot of sites which are practically dating agencies. Lots of them filled with the scam and all that stuff. But If you perform actual scientifically accurate google search you'll find few of them which actually reliable. And I would strongly advise you to find Russian or Ucrainan girl if you up to serious relationsip(or aren't). This is for example, quite a good site women seeking men.
And main advice is to try not to rise to the first bait. All of them are nice and sweet but you need the safest option. And your best option would be one who looking for the place to stay or live to find a ground at arriving. There're a lot of them. Just be patient and make some

Last edited:
OCDguy

OCDguy

Don't you feel a bit like a child in a sweet shop though, and a little bit of what you fancy is said to do us good :p Perhaps you have been apprehensive in taking things forward due to not feeling relaxed. Why not arrange to go for a meal or offer to show off your own cooking skills and take the opportunity to get to know each other a little bit better and see if the relationship flourishes from there. Don't go building your expectations, but rather suck it and see...

R_Sxo

R_Sxo

Hi WinnerChicken,

It's okay not to have a girlfriend to be honest. If you want to be in a relationship because you feel like you have to, then it's not important for you right now, and perhaps it's worth redirecting your energies somewhere else. But if you really want to be in a relationship, then it's something you have to keep trying and adapting until it worksx

Much love <3