• Safety Notice: This section on Psychiatric Drugs/Medications enables people to share their personal experiences of using such drugs/medications. Always seek the advice of your doctor, psychiatrist or other qualified health professional before making any changes to your medications or with any questions you may have regarding drugs/medications. In considering coming off psychiatric drugs it is very important that you are aware that most psychiatric drugs can cause withdrawal reactions, sometimes including life-threatening emotional and physical withdrawal problems. In short, it is not only dangerous to start taking psychiatric drugs, it can also be dangerous to stop them. Withdrawal from psychiatric drugs should only be done carefully under experienced clinical supervision.

25 ml daily - present few side affects - reducing

N

natalie

HI all,

I was notiiing after returning back to home from holiday, whilst out to volunteer, that my right leg was shaking, I thought right, that's from the Abilify. Also, very very strong in the waking alerting sense for day and evening time. So therefore, dating back - years of orginal med clearence that I can juggle the doses as I see fit, withouit an appointment each time, that has to come to that, I felr right, I'll lower down the dose. I have just taken only 20ml for today. I am improving side affect of non shaking of right leg. And I feel comfortable, day and time awaking hours on 20ml.

So far, no major main ailments, haven't appeared, so I'm very well today. Mind you, there happened to have been a low aircraft, about 2pm, today, and I thought I'll probably will suffer paranoia, no, I am very well at this time whilst preparing this post.

As always as supplementary, benefit, (no pun intended) I always do listen to music.

Have a good Saturday,

Natalie.

N

natalie

Hi all,

I'm very well today, side affect wise, no problem of shaking to report.

No major ailments, haven't come up either. I'm fine.

N

natalie

Hi all,

I took my dose of 20ml at 2pm, today.

No such problems no hearing voices, no anxieities, and no paranoia, haven't come up, and I am sleeping much better on 20ml dose.

Sleep is always the key I think, for maitnenance of very well mental health recovery wellbeing, and with me, if I don't sleep at all well, like when I wasn't well with my bad cold cough, it really does throw me off kilter for during the daytime.

Anyway, just an update, that I am well, and have been listening to music and knitting.

N

natalie

Hi all,

I thought I would do an update; it has been a few days, or it might have been since last Wednesday, I have been reducing down my dose to 20ml, daily and side affect wise, fine, no extra shaking in leg, and also it could just have been the very cold weather experienced on Tuesday last week, to have had such an effect through my raynoulds condition.

I am sleeping very much better. I feel very much more comfortable on 20ml in the waking/alerting sense, rather than and I'll dread to go reverting now, to the 25ml daily doseage.

No major main ailments haven't come up.

As always listening to music and knitting. and hopefully at some point to workout.

Natalie.

Mayfair

Mayfair

Admin
Hi all,

I thought I would do an update; it has been a few days, or it might have been since last Wednesday, I have been reducing down my dose to 20ml, daily and side affect wise, fine, no extra shaking in leg, and also it could just have been the very cold weather experienced on Tuesday last week, to have had such an effect through my raynoulds condition.

I am sleeping very much better. I feel very much more comfortable on 20ml in the waking/alerting sense, rather than and I'll dread to go reverting now, to the 25ml daily doseage.

No major main ailments haven't come up.

As always listening to music and knitting. and hopefully at some point to workout.

Natalie.
What things do you like to knit natalie?

N

natalie

Hi Mayfair,

Basically, and it's reletatively simple, I am able onlyto knit sqaures for eventually making up for a blanket.

Mayfair

Mayfair

Admin
Hi Mayfair,

Basically, and it's reletatively simple, I am able onlyto knit sqaures for eventually making up for a blanket.
That's nice :)

I wouldn't like knitting something like a jumper, it's too technical and prone to errors, and less likely to be something calming or enjoyable, it would be more like working!

A blanket sounds ace :) Each section is a piece of time that you made it :)

Last edited:
N

natalie

Hi Mayfair,

This is the one main reason, why I wouldn't like to to anything too advanced, either, because of maybe making too many errors. I have been wondering about maybe finding out about a course, for knitting, the problem is, maybe with these courses, and unless there are any part time ones for in the day time, they tend to be in the evenings, and since becoming unwell, I don't go out on evenings. Unless I happen to be people who I actually know very well. Anyway, skills, wise for knitting, I'll agree, I don't do anything too advanced, because of the fear of making too many errors, so yes, plain and simple, easy does it anyway.

Mayfair

Mayfair

Admin
Hi Mayfair,

This is the one main reason, why I wouldn't like to to anything too advanced, either, because of maybe making too many errors. I have been wondering about maybe finding out about a course, for knitting, the problem is, maybe with these courses, and unless there are any part time ones for in the day time, they tend to be in the evenings, and since becoming unwell, I don't go out on evenings. Unless I happen to be people who I actually know very well. Anyway, skills, wise for knitting, I'll agree, I don't do anything too advanced, because of the fear of making too many errors, so yes, plain and simple, easy does it anyway.
It depends on what you want.

for example: I like writing, drawing, and scribbling, but have no desire to improve on it by courses. I just do what I enjoy.

If you enjoy what you're doing then I don't see the point in stressful situations. :)

F

firemonkee57

It would be good to be able to knit or do other craft stuff. I imagine it would be quite relaxing/therapeutic. Unfortunately though I have zero aptitude when it comes to such matters.

N

natalie

HI all,

I've been busier out today, so I couldn't do my normal reporting update at midday;

I'm very well, no major main ailments of my mental health conditions up at all, on 20ml, and it has been a good week since I started to reduce down slightly to 20ml.

The problem at home we all have at the moment, it's a religious for the week festival, and to put it simply; well, there's nothing suitable to eat, by the turn when it comes to the midday or so meal, ouch, I am feeling hungry. Mind you, I don't have elevenses snack in the morning anyhow. We certainly can't have for examples cereals, they are out of the equasion, no form of bread, or rolls, can't be had, and no fillings as such or as well on jacket/baked potatoes, for lunchtime. We had fried fish made last night, so that will be had again for tonight, and just snacky on unleavened bread, (bread which doesn't rise up, basically) for lunch, with fillings. Hint, it has to be suitable and or very religious type of food for Passover. I notiifed that it was complex to start explaining! Hopefully tomorrow, night, we'll have home made meat meal, and that will be substantially filling enouigh for overnighter, and into the following day.

Anyway, that's the general problems on the home front, self, mental health wise, I'm fine, very well on 20ml doseage, and no side affects either.

N

natalie

Hi all,

Following on from a contrast change of weather, to welcome us, since after having been back from holiday, my psorais painful, and my sinuses painful, head wise, having been on 20ml for about a good week, now, one of the problems severely i was noticing, in review mode, I had been very very irritible, and also i had a original boil problem on my lower back, which doesn't help matters either - I must cut down on the sugary intake, i have been very very irritible, which causes me to in a slight way to stratch, so therefore, I have decided to increase by 5ml to 25ml, dose level limit, and I'll stay on that, and for as long we have this change of contrast of weather, and wet weather on Thursday night or Friday night as well, didn't help with my irritiblity self.

No other main major ailments, haven't come up, I'm well on that side of things, thank goodness. In the sense of mental health szchophrenia, I mean.

So certainly for this week, and possibly into the following week, I'll keep to the level of 25ml.

Please note; I do have original medical clearence from some years back, I can juggle the doses as I see fit, and without having to book the mental health service, not each time not for an appointment.

I shall focus this afternoon, for music listening and cross stitching technique design work.

Natalie.

N

natalie

Hi all,

I am very much better, irritiblity wise, however, a though occurred to me; what with very unwell with a very bad very painful bout of sinuses, earlier this afternoon, now, I took 5ml supposedly,making up to 25ml doseage. However, wait for it, what with me unwell, earlier t his afternoon, I inadvertantly hadn't had the full 20part of the 25ml dose. I'll have ample in my system of 20ml daily, that won't be a problem, from tomorrow, or on tomorrow, rather, I'll then take the full dose, and in any event, having had the 5ml dose so late on today, and if I took 20ml, for about now, I'd have a problem keeping asleep for overnight.

So I shall certainly take the full 25ml doseage, tomorrow. Had it not been for the very painful sinuses in head and face, I would have then remembered!

N

natalie

Hi all,

Since having only 5ml of my full 25ml dose meaning i forgot completely to take 20ml part today, my irritibity self has very much improved. In time for the evening and before the dark nights draw in... I'll increase to 15ml as a big help.

Tomorrow, I'll take the whole of 25ml dose.

Have been listening to musical, and I'll switch over to general easy listening music and cross stitchign work.

N

natalie

HI all,

I forgot to point out, irritiblity wise, I am much much happier and better, since having washed, and restyled my hair, with me unwell the late last week, and over the weekend, it was in need of washing.

Also, I'd been irritible anyhow, what with it being the mayhem of a religious week long festival. Both mother and myself could really do withouit it, it's a deed, so it's something which we must adhere to.

Forecast; to continue main major ailments of szchophrenia wise very well, and irritiblity wise, now very much calmer state, and having taken a bit more of my dose to help me out irritiblity wise as prevention, for during the evening. Focusing on needleworking, and listening to music, and later on during the late evening, I'll catch up, with MHF.

Have a good Monday night all, oops, Bank Holiday Monday night,

Natalie.

N

natalie

HI all,

Since having taken 20ml of my med, I have been overall very much better iritiblity wise, also, I feel, feeling drained the late last week, and over the weekend, what with the religious festival, without the normal food intake I hascent to add, I had forgotten about having baths over the weekend, to keep my irritiblities down and at bay. I had a bath this evening, and I feel now so much better for that, and having increased to 20ml as a precaution for irritiblity purposes.

Well, this evening, we finally once again, had a proper suitable cooked meal, a meaty meal this time, so I coiuld then gain enouigh energy, in the short term, for this evening to have a bath.

Now on that note, I shouild be able to sleep much much better, overnight, so I shan't take as forcast, my Lorezapam, dose, I'll aim to sleep naturally, as they say.

It's a little earlier for my bedtime yet anyway, i settle around 11pm.

I always do find, that to have a bath is a great help for me to settle into sleep mode, if i can keep asleep, is another question.

Natalie.

Mayfair

Mayfair

Admin
HI all,

Since having taken 20ml of my med, I have been overall very much better iritiblity wise, also, I feel, feeling drained the late last week, and over the weekend, what with the religious festival, without the normal food intake I hascent to add, I had forgotten about having baths over the weekend, to keep my irritiblities down and at bay. I had a bath this evening, and I feel now so much better for that, and having increased to 20ml as a precaution for irritiblity purposes.

Well, this evening, we finally once again, had a proper suitable cooked meal, a meaty meal this time, so I coiuld then gain enouigh energy, in the short term, for this evening to have a bath.

Now on that note, I shouild be able to sleep much much better, overnight, so I shan't take as forcast, my Lorezapam, dose, I'll aim to sleep naturally, as they say.

It's a little earlier for my bedtime yet anyway, i settle around 11pm.

I always do find, that to have a bath is a great help for me to settle into sleep mode, if i can keep asleep, is another question.

Natalie.
I listen to the radio in the day, and last week there was a sleep expert on, and he said that bath or shower is good for pre-sleep, because it's relaxing, and lowers body temperature when getting out. Both are key factors in sleep.

I didn't need to be told most of it. I know it myself from experience.

N

natalie

HI all,

At 5pm just after, I took my dose, now, feeling that I might be awake here and there in the night, if I took 25ml, I thought, right, I'll reduce down to 20ml. Tomorrow, I'll have 25ml again.

iT'S because busier monitoring for volunteering, and out for the 2nd time t his afternoon, in time for the 2nd outing, I had forgotten to take my dose. However, mental health wise, I was very much fine.

i still always listen to music, as supplementary and theraputic for me.

N

natalie

HI all,

I took my dose, and I figured that couldn't sleep very well overall overnight, worrying about mum's appointment in that hopefully she might find some relief for the acute pain, the consultant couldn't give her anything today, and has been required for booking an MRI scan. He'll see her again, on Tuesday afternoon, so I felt, if I take 20ml and knowingly, I'll sleep alright on 20ml, that's what I'll do, and I think, until it all settles with mum, i'll keep to 20ml doseage, to help me sleep better. Once we have further result and treatment diagnosis from the scan, then, I'll go up to 25ml, as usual, not until then, me thinks.

I'm very well, antipshycotic wise, and no problems up at all on the szchophrenia based conditions front, I'm well.

Will be getting on with my cross stitching work, and listening to music combined.

i hope all are well,

Natalie.

N

natalie

Hi all,

Mum was due to see the consultant on Tuesday, and in the meantime the MRI bookings are fully booked up, and this is private, I thought, so that means, he'll have to be delayed in being seen for diagosing and treating the problems, of acute pain further, so I shall definitely keep to taking 20ml, for the time being enabling me to have a better overnight of sleeping.

Also, I am taking homeopathics for helping me out in the daytime, one type for stress, and the other for irritiblity. I'm running low on the irritibilty one, so I'll need to get more. Plus, I am remembeirng to take the FLuoxetine as well.

i am hoping that over the weekend, I'll get an in home workout done, to my fitness dvds.

Today, thouigh, shall continue to resume to press on with needleworking and listening to music combined.

And popping onto MHF.

Natalie.