• Welcome! It’s great to see you. Our forum members are people, maybe like yourself, who experience mental health difficulties or who have had them at some point in their life.

If you'd like to talk with people who know what it's like

20 threads and 65 replies in 4 months?

J

jdohe

20 threads and 65 replies in 4 months amounts to 5 threads and 16 replies per month, or about 1 thread and 4 replies per week.

That's not much! Is there some other forum out there that has more activity? This level of activity gives me the feeling that very few people actually care.

intelgal

intelgal

Founding Member
Hmmm...

Not eactly sure what your point is here..

From a mods point of view the forum is going from strength to strength.

Is that your personal threads.. if so .. dont take what you percieve as a low post rate personally...

Kepp posting... As a mod.. I tend to read posts alot even if I do not reply.

Take care Jdoe .. I hope you stick with us:D

Lion Heart

Lion Heart

i only been here for just over a week and i have meet loads of people already,had more then anuff replies to keep me happy,nothing wrong with this site i can tell you

well this is how i feel anyway

and i care

DiagnosisBipolar2

DiagnosisBipolar2

i only been here for just over a week and i have meet loads of people already,had more then anuff replies to keep me happy,nothing wrong with this site i can tell you

well this is how i feel anyway

and i care
I will second that!

This is one of the friendliest most caring sites I have found, remember it's quality not quantity with regards to how many posts there are.

gray

gray

I think people care, just sometimes it's difficult to reply as you can't find the right words. You may end up doing more damage than good to someone who is potentially unstable.

On the other side this is a forum for people with mental health issues, fluctuations in mood may mean that they sadly can't be bothered to write a message etc. :(
It doesn't mean people don't care.

intelgal

intelgal

Founding Member
I sencond (or prob third) all the above.. Quality!

J

jdohe

Very strange..

I find it odd that my post mentioning the lack of replies has itself gotten more replies than this forum gets in an average week!

I didn't mean to imply that this is a bad site. Its a very good site.. in fact, its one of the very few sites that offer any resources at all!

-------
I hate to post completely off topic messages, so I will point out something new in the situation with my father that nobody has yet to reply to.
The 19 year old adopted daugther has been gone for about a week touring Manhattan and seeing broadway plays, etc. She will be gone for a week more. Frankly, I have seen people show more grief for a dead goldfish than that girl has shown for her adopted mother - who was the only mother she ever knew. Two tiny examples of how this girl acts. She will rarely eat any food that is not from a restaurant, and whenever coming back from a store - she will never bring any of the packages in from the car.
What I just noticed today is that my father's mental condition is close to being normal now that the girl is not here!! I find that significant because if my father were truly mentally ill, he would still be acting as if insane even though the girl is not here. Threre is something about not having any control or influence over that girl that is making my dad lose his mind.
Here's one more example - there are cordless phones in every room of this house including the bathroom, however, the girl prefers to use her cell phone to talk on for hours per day resulting in phone charges of hundreds of dollars per month! If she were my kid, she would never be using a cell phone in the house when she is sitting right next to a cordless land line.

unlucky

unlucky

Founding Member
Just a thought here jdohe, but how many people have you replied to?? The forum is not here for people to reply to you exclusively, its all about give and take and TBH it would appear that you're all take and no give!! There have been many people who have tried to give you advice and not once have you said thank you to people for taking the time to reply to you. The majority of the people who post on here have mental health issues of their own and personally I feel privileged if, when I have a problem, people would take the time despite their own problems to try to help me. This is obviously not good enough for you and as I said before I think you need to discuss your father with the relevant healeth authorities.

J

jdohe

Thank you thank you thank you...

Just a thought here jdohe, but how many people have you replied to?? The forum is not here for people to reply to you exclusively, its all about give and take and TBH it would appear that you're all take and no give!! There have been many people who have tried to give you advice and not once have you said thank you to people for taking the time to reply to you. .
I'm not sure what forum you are reading, but I have replied to about 5 threads that I have not started. I think that is more than just about anybody else. In fact, I think my replies border on flooding the forum which I don't want to do.

Also, I have thanked people for most of the replies I have gotten. If you see a post of my that isn't thanking someone, it is usually because I was posting an addendum to my own message and not replying to someone else.

T

TOONAFISH

I sometimes think it is quite quiet on here, i havent been on here for quite along time, and it didseem to be busier before but i suppose it just depends on how everyone is feeling themselves, wether they post anything or indeed if they reply. i try and reply to anything i think i have any idea about, but sometimes im scared to reply incase people think im a complete idiot (my own hang ups you see) or if i dont have a lot of time. sometimes im on here and my daughter is hanging of my leg and i get sidetracked. sorry you feel that way, and ive no doubt your a nice person in the wrong mood, but you do sound quite confrontational, which i dont think will get you anywhere. sorry to sound harsh. i often get like that, but learning the hard way that its not cool.
i will try and reply to your posts x:)

bubbling under

bubbling under

Firstly welcome :)

Secondly, there are a lot of people on here who, like yourself, are struggling with every day life and the problems and issues be it MH or general life shite. I'm one of the lucky one's and am coming out the other side. Although not every day has me skipping in the aisles, it's a long process. I think you'll find people who read threads but don't reply, just don't have the 'right' answers or ability to help. That doesn't mean in any way that they don't care, it is just that.....well they can't mentally/emotionally give the advice that's needed. Since I've been here everyone I've crossed paths with has offered up what support or advice they are able to at that given time. Sometimes only one person might reply, that one person wants to help, which is one more than real life can offer sometimes.

Stick with us, it might not be like clapham junction all the time but it's the best site for a wide variety of advice and resource :)