• Welcome! It’s great to see you. Our forum members are people, maybe like yourself, who experience mental health difficulties or who have had them at some point in their life.

If you'd like to talk with people who know what it's like

2 Year Parasite Infection Leads to Crippling Psychological Problems

B

Bri01

Well I think the title says it all! I have been diagnosed with schizoaffective disorder since 18-19 but moved into a residential program at about 23-24 to “help me get better”. Needless to say, I eventually discovered multiple bags of food in the kitchen area crawling with little white worms inside them. At this point I already suspected parasites due to a previous infestation when I was around 12 years old. I could feel digging, itching, and biting in my rectal area at night. I tried Vermox, herb cleanses, and raw garlic but the symptoms still persisted. After 2 years of battling with this nightly sensation as well as a drastic decrease in my mental health, I got desperate and swallowed a bunch of white vinegar. I guess it worked, because I woke up this morning and went to the bathroom. Out came a long, white, thick worm with a flat head. I was horrified, but secretly relieved as my symptoms had gone WAY down since last nights detox. I have a doctors appointment today, and hope she can prescribe something to ultimately kill the worms and disinfect my body from whatever it is that is that is making me go crazy.

JessisMe

JessisMe

Well I think the title says it all! I have been diagnosed with schizoaffective disorder since 18-19 but moved into a residential program at about 23-24 to “help me get better”. Needless to say, I eventually discovered multiple bags of food in the kitchen area crawling with little white worms inside them. At this point I already suspected parasites due to a previous infestation when I was around 12 years old. I could feel digging, itching, and biting in my rectal area at night. I tried Vermox, herb cleanses, and raw garlic but the symptoms still persisted. After 2 years of battling with this nightly sensation as well as a drastic decrease in my mental health, I got desperate and swallowed a bunch of white vinegar. I guess it worked, because I woke up this morning and went to the bathroom. Out came a long, white, thick worm with a flat head. I was horrified, but secretly relieved as my symptoms had gone WAY down since last nights detox. I have a doctors appointment today, and hope she can prescribe something to ultimately kill the worms and disinfect my body from whatever it is that is that is making me go crazy.
Wow, I’m really sorry to hear that you have been suffering this way. I hope your doctor is able to treat what has been ailing you so you can enjoy some peace. xo, j

B

Bri01

I have actually just booked an appointment with a gastroenterologist because I feel these parasites are part of the reason I have become so crazy. I’m in medication and it should be working, but since I’ve had parasites for 2 years who knows how they have effected my body

B

Bri01

I drank too much of non-alcohol sleep aid because I felt so horrible. I always said if it got so bad to the point where I wasn’t myself anymore I would take my own life

Last edited by a moderator:
bpd2020

bpd2020

I drank a too much of non-alcohol sleep aid because I felt so horrible. I always said if it got so bad to the point where I wasn’t myself anymore I would take my own life
I am so sorry you have drunk that. Are you okay? I am sorry nobody saw this post earlier. I really hope you are okay.

Zero One

Zero One

I drank too much of non-alcohol sleep aid because I felt so horrible. I always said if it got so bad to the point where I wasn’t myself anymore I would take my own life
I felt exactly like that on one of my suicide attempts. Talk to a professional about your feelings before you do anything to harm yourself...they can help. Just some things to help with mood can give a better perspective...which you won't find when not in a good state of mind.

That worm thing is awful though. In third world countries they have effective parasite cleanses. Not sure what is up with the first world countries. You shouldn't have to suffer.

G U S T

G U S T

Is your appointment soon - the gastroenterologist? Also, can you contact your mental health treatment team (psychiatrist, therapist, etc.)? I recommend it because it is helpful for them to stay updated on your overall health. For example, my psychiatrist asks about my physical conditions every appointment to stay updated.