2 day anxiety attack

B

bass1

I suffer from anxiety but I'm good at covering it. Last few days it's been constant. Heart racing, getting hot, mind is going 100mph. Yea I've got some crap going on at the moment such as work colleagues been typical idiots stressing me out. I've taken a lot on at the moment but I can't seem to cope. I try listening to relaxing music and stuff, I can't talk to anyone because of the stigma around this. I just don't know what to do to help myself 😔 I'm scared I'm going to be physically sick because my stomach is in a constant knot. Anyone got any tips? Thank you in advance x

Boris

Boris

Try calming your mind in a quiet room... it is also good to talk. No one knows you here, so forget the stigma, throw caution to the wind and give us a generalised idea of what is troubling you. Failing that you could always PM me, I guarantee you respect and confidentiality, and no I don't know you... I have only been back on the forum the last week or so :)

B

bass1

Thank you 😊 I don't really know how to explain. I'm finding it hard to fit work and college in. I'm on ESA but it's not enough so I have to do some work on the side and I'm finding it hard but I need the money. Last few days I haven't been wanting to move from my bed

tabbykitten

tabbykitten

Don’t know if you are on medication. When my panic attacks and anxiety are bad I know I need something. Only thing I can suggest is that you take things slowly if possible. Obviously you have to get up and out of the house because of work. If I have to do something, even a phone call, I take my time getting ready. Get up, wash, brush teeth and dress. Then some quiet time hoping the over breathing and the racing thoughts will slow a bit. Then tackle the necessary task. If you are in work and struggling, find a quiet place for a few minutes. Not easy but you can get through it. Horrid experience though and not something non sufferers really understand.

C

connor177

I'd go and see your doctor and explain to them what is going on, and they might prescribe you beta blockers, which calm you down. They slow down your heart beat so you won't get the physical symptoms of anxiety.

My anxiety is under control now, but i always carry them with me as a precaution.

J

JustBelieve

I'm really sorry your having trouble.

I'm on ativan. It helps a lot, and I also
Carry them with me in my purse so
If something affects me, I will have it
On hand. There have been times, where
I can go days & weeks without having to take it. But
Then there are times when I need it.
If it is an attack that lasts over a day
I take 1/2 of one of my seroquell. 150mg.
That usually will help if it's a bad attack.
Also, if you have any hobbies that maybe
You could utilize during an attack could help
Calm your heart rate etc. I really enjoy cross stitch.
That helps me.
Can you make an appointment with your
Primary care? Maybe they could help you find
Something to help you. Do they have a doctor
On campus that you could go to? I started
Having issues in college and saw a therapist
There for a while.

I now have a therapist ive found that I love,
I've been seeing for 12
Years but college campuses usually have doc's
Available for students.

Feel free to PM me if you need to.
Remember your not alone in this...

Last edited:
C

connor177

Having gone through anxiety attacks for years my number 1 piece of advice would be to exercise regularly, this will really help to lower your stress. Also look after your body, cut out caffeine and added sugar and eat healthy. Caffeine in particular is a big contributer to stress and anxiety. Caffeine will just makes the attacks more intense.

The fitter you get your body the less physical symptoms of anxiety you will get. Your lungs will require less oxygen and your heart will beat slower when resting, and half the reason your having attacks is because your not breathing correctly when nervous.

I used to get major physical symptoms of anxiety, but since I've exercised regularly and got myself in good shape, the effects are knowhere near as bad. I still have to deal with the mental affects, but the physical stuff has near enough gone.