• Welcome! It’s great to see you. Our forum members are people, maybe like yourself, who experience mental health difficulties or who have had them at some point in their life.

If you'd like to talk with people who know what it's like

1200 mg of lithium per day

thing fish

thing fish

last week my doctor upped my dosage. i feel like i am pretty much in a constant fog. i guess it is for the best though cause i feel the lithium is the only thing stopping me from murdering someone.....no literally but at least freaking out.
i also take 12-50 mg of symbyax and 3mg of klonopin....hopefully i can get stable

G

grace68

thats a lot of lithium:unsure:

but my psych doc just says it takes different amounts for each person to get them in the 'therapeutic range'.

i was on 800mg and i got a bad tremor, reduced to 700mg, and i coping ok now. but only just in the 'therapeutic range' now. also, even though it's low dose, i'm still extremely sluggish, and huge appetite, so very fat.

i'm on prozac 40mg too. that needed to give me bit of energy.

the meds are so hard to deal with, i've come off meds so often, and then relapsed badly each time. i do wonder what my life may have been like, if i'd never started on lithium, 10 years ago. but it's pointless wondering, it is as it is. right now, i'm going to persevere for a long time, maybe years, because it's so very hard to get off of meds, and my kids are still young, and it's just so awful for them when i get so ill.

i hope you feel better soon. the 'fog' is horrible, but it is better than 'murdering someone' :unsure::hug:

jax

jax

I was on 1400 mgs of lithium for 4 years. Then the crisis team got involved with me and they reduced it to 1000 mgs. They said that too much can almost be as bad as too little at times. I had depakote added to the seroquel and haloperidol and now I am stable for the first time in 4 years. Good luck with the increase. x
Jacqui x

T

TOONAFISH

hi thingfish

hope the increase helps you. im only on 800mg just now. let us know how you get on x

thing fish

thing fish

still foggy but i have not killed anyone so i guess its working lol.
i don't want to be on htis much but its what the doctor ordered.
have to follow the docs instructions