• Welcome! It’s great to see you. Our forum members are people, maybe like yourself, who experience mental health difficulties or who have had them at some point in their life.

If you'd like to talk with people who know what it's like

?

M

Madmitch

I'm so sad I do not know what to say! I, tried going to sleep... didn't work, just cried. I'm a man and I feel so pathetic and weak just now, how do you get 'time off' from yourself?

I can't say much more as I would venture into the darker realm of existence, sometimes I feel like I have a house in this place!!! (in the darker realm of existence.)

My Mum is away so, I can't hurt myself where I need to go to Hospital, as I'm watching the cats. I, wish I had friends, I could do with a hug just now.

Ironically, on any other given day you would NOT think I was unwell until you spoke with me.

My Dad died at 46, 16yrs ago on the 17th, I didn't know him well, but, still miss him:cry:

Anime-Alchemy

Anime-Alchemy

Hello buddy :hug5: your strong no matter what. It doesn't matter about being a man or woman. We're all human and we all need a hug, a cuddle, to be cared for, to be loved.

Sending you many hugs and love :hug5:

G

Golden

I've been in the dark so long but I'm coming out again. It takes time and a lot of self-care.

I miss relatives who have passed too. I need them now.

M

Madmitch

p.s. I still don't know how to feed you. But, I believe Cida is feeding you for me? :)

M

Madmitch

Thank you. I feel better now, not great but, better. My next challenge at this late hour is to find my Mum's cat!!! I've NOT seen her since earlier in the p.m., she'll be fine I think, well I'm off to find her, good night.

M

Madmitch

I still haven't found my Mum's cat Susie!!! Last time I saw her was yesterday afternoon! I've even left my door open ALL night, and no sign. I hope she is ok as, she was the first of my cats from Edinburgh, there was also Fred and Thomas but, they were healthy at the time and found new homes I hope?:rolleyes: (I, had to give them to the Cat & Dog home) as my Mum went into Hospital at the time and she lives up here, where I live now. My Mum, is ok now, many foibles, but ok :) I just have to find and feed her cat/my cat!

Anime-Alchemy

Anime-Alchemy

Hope your cat returns, cats can be very independent.

M

Madmitch

I still haven't found her, she's a little black thing. Even if she's dead I need to know, so I can bury her.

Anime-Alchemy

Anime-Alchemy

Gosh, I hope nothing has happened to her. Why not put a poster out of her to see if anyone has seen her?

Per Ardua Ad Astra

Per Ardua Ad Astra

Hi madmitch.

There's no shame in men crying. We have tear ducts, and that's what they're for: tears.

Our culture can be a bit too macho at times, and it's considered unmanly to cry. But this differs from culture to culture, and over historical periods too. Look at the Elizabethan metaphysical poets, like John Donne. Their poems are littered with references to crying over matters that made them sad.

Times and attitudes change about how we should/should not express our emotions. But we experience emotion just the same. And our eyes still have tear ducts.

I wish you well my friend, and I hope your cat returns save and well :)

Sparklypurplepaws

Sparklypurplepaws

I hope you've found your cat x have you tried knocking on doors - she might be in a shed or something x

M

Madmitch

Still no sign of Susie! I think she may be dead! I've checked the roads etc, and can't see her, I've told my Mum, she's optimistic that Susie is ok.

I've been crying, am very sad just now, been thinking bad thoughts, I'm going to call Breathing Space I think as Family won't take my calls... they've heard it all before, they would rather I'd be dead and shut up.:cry::cry::cry:

M

Madmitch

I'm NOT going to make the phone call. I just don't feel right and it's not just because I can't find Susie, it's other things and I'm angry at my Dad dying so young, he should've looked after himself better, ...idiot.