• Welcome! It’s great to see you. Our forum members are people, maybe like yourself, who experience mental health difficulties or who have had them at some point in their life.

If you'd like to talk with people who know what it's like

1111 witness messiah

G

Golden

I have been reading (dangerous thing to do) about my so called illness and my religion. I'm trying to understand it all. I accept that illness exists but I don't know why. It seems odd that an illness can consist of despair and wanting to give up and then joy with wanting to, excuse me, have sex. It is puzzling. There must be some purpose or reason.

Various things have happened to me. Hallucinations and possible messages from God but I don't think God sends messages. I feel that my purpose is to be a witness. To spread love and kindness. How I expect to do this whilst wanting to kick men who in car parks is another story though.

I'm wary of fully believing another person's opinion on this even if they are clergy buy I'd like to talk it over with others trying to understand what is happening.

I hope I don't attract a psychotic person!

T

Taffy

Hi there Golden,
I think there are probably lots of different answers depending upon who you speak to on here. Some people will say that you are getting messages from God, some will say that you could have a form of epilepsy and so on.

I think spreading love and kindness is something that we could all do with striving for..:)

People are all unique, from all the views here and on the internet, choose what you feel most comfortable with. that's all I can suggest. I don't think there is one "right" answer to your questions.:) Just my view though...

But then I'm a bit bonkers... but not sure I am psychotic:)
Best wishes
Taffy:hug1:

Kerome

Kerome

Well Bodhidharma said that worshipping God (and believing his messages) leaves you open to being played with by mischievious spirits. But then he was a Buddhist and they don't believe in God in any case.

But from my experience with voices and hallucinations Bodhidharma was pretty much bang on the money, all the instances of something declaring itself to be God or Jesus turned out to be just another shadow play. And there were quite a few instances. So I would say you're right not to believe.

Where does that leave you? Probably having had a touch of psychosis, actually. Hallucinations, messages, it's very much in that ballpark. It's ok, don't worry about it, happens to the best of us.

Is there anything you can believe from hallucinations? In my experience, not more than one word in a thousand. Very occasionally you will come across something that's just weird and unexplainable, like when a voice "asked me to come in" and as a password recited a nursery rhyme my mother used to say to me when I was little. That voice had some deep insight into my mind and memory, and it didn't stay long either. So yes, I think there is a spiritual connection, but it's often obscured by the dross of the mind.

Witnessing is a good goal. Spreading love and kindness is excellent also, we can always do with more of that.

G

Golden

Well Bodhidharma said that worshipping God (and believing his messages) leaves you open to being played with by mischievious spirits. But then he was a Buddhist and they don't believe in God in any case.

But from my experience with voices and hallucinations Bodhidharma was pretty much bang on the money, all the instances of something declaring itself to be God or Jesus turned out to be just another shadow play. And there were quite a few instances. So I would say you're right not to believe.

Where does that leave you? Probably having had a touch of psychosis, actually. Hallucinations, messages, it's very much in that ballpark. It's ok, don't worry about it, happens to the best of us.

Is there anything you can believe from hallucinations? In my experience, not more than one word in a thousand. Very occasionally you will come across something that's just weird and unexplainable, like when a voice "asked me to come in" and as a password recited a nursery rhyme my mother used to say to me when I was little. That voice had some deep insight into my mind and memory, and it didn't stay long either. So yes, I think there is a spiritual connection, but it's often obscured by the dross of the mind.

Witnessing is a good goal. Spreading love and kindness is excellent also, we can always do with more of that.
False Messiah. I had that in my mind too. God does not send messages. I tend to get a bit big for my boots when high. I was looking at Brahmins and such last time. I am searching for explanations but you are right in that I should just focus on being good.

G

Golden

Hi there Golden,
I think there are probably lots of different answers depending upon who you speak to on here. Some people will say that you are getting messages from God, some will say that you could have a form of epilepsy and so on.

I think spreading love and kindness is something that we could all do with striving for..:)

People are all unique, from all the views here and on the internet, choose what you feel most comfortable with. that's all I can suggest. I don't think there is one "right" answer to your questions.:) Just my view though...

But then I'm a bit bonkers... but not sure I am psychotic:)
Best wishes
Taffy:hug1:
Thank you Taffy. Love and kindness.

G

Golden

I was having ideas of reference. Once this lead to a psychotic break. Easy to slip down these thoughts if you've been stuck in them before.

The Christian webpage says God does not send messages.