• Welcome! It’s great to see you. Our forum members are people, maybe like yourself, who experience mental health difficulties or who have had them at some point in their life.

If you'd like to talk with people who know what it's like

??

C

ChloeJ

Does anyone hear like trains on a track noises? Also very distant voices that you can't make out what they are saying? It's driving me mad!! Is this worth telling anyone about? X

LORD BURT

LORD BURT

Does anyone hear like trains on a track noises? Also very distant voices that you can't make out what they are saying? It's driving me mad!! Is this worth telling anyone about? X
Are they hallucinations? Are the noises not from real life sources?

If not then yes, especially if it is distressing. Tell me more.

C

ChloeJ

I'm just really scared by it, I know they're not from real life sources but I know I can hear them. But because I can't say what they are saying I feel like I won't be understood.

LORD BURT

LORD BURT

I'm just really scared by it, I know they're not from real life sources but I know I can hear them. But because I can't say what they are saying I feel like I won't be understood.
Well I hear a lot of screaming. I have had p-docs and regular docs but really - they have never bothered to try and understand.

They sometimes say - what do the voices say.. so I will recall a phrase and conversation stops there.

Really it takes time - it is a long conversation to allow the person to really open up with it. It is very frustrating.

Will they understand? Probably not. We have to be in the system if we want to access the services though.

Will you tell your doc?

C

ChloeJ

I've hinted before but they ask questions that I can't answer so I've just left it. I have the home treatment team atm, I think they realise there's something going on that I'm not telling them but I'm so worried they won't understand or that they'll think my kids shouldn't be with me, that I just don't know what to do x

LORD BURT

LORD BURT

I've hinted before but they ask questions that I can't answer so I've just left it. I have the home treatment team atm, I think they realise there's something going on that I'm not telling them but I'm so worried they won't understand or that they'll think my kids shouldn't be with me, that I just don't know what to do x
Ok I think it would be good to talk to someone about your rights. There is always CAB - but it could be a bit of a lottery. Advocacy rings a bell. I think they help with this sort of thing.

Finding an advocate | Mind, the mental health charity - help for mental health problems

LORD BURT

LORD BURT

Hallucinations can be terrifying.
They used to send me on psychotic episodes. Not until I found out it was not just me, and talked to people on here, that it calmed me down.

LORD BURT

LORD BURT

Sorry Chloe - this is your thread. Pls continue if you wish.

C

ChloeJ

No, thank you for your replies! I don't know whether in the past I've been psychotic but I've had times of thinking people were trying to kill me and food tasting funny and not being able to eat and drink things people might of touched I just wish I knew how to explain all this x

T

thrill

For me one of the worst parts is when I don't know it's an hallucination, it is very real.

When it's like this I must take action to find out if it's an hallucination or not.

C

ChloeJ

At the time it's real, but then other times I feel like it's not real and just in my head?!

LORD BURT

LORD BURT

The experience is real. What causes it - I don't know.

calypso

calypso

Admin
I think not knowing if its real or not scares me at times. So I have kept quiet and then wished I had said something. Chloe, I would suggest telling them, at least then everything is out in the open. But obviously its your choice.

S

Saiyala Lavirra

Train tracks, no. Distant voices, yes, but not really paid too much attention to those. I have a regular voice that is constant. The distant ones are nothing to that.

However, I have had a few times where I hear a loud bell tone, like the really big bell at a church being struck. I've had random shouting just behind me that caused me to jump a few feet in start. Things like that. For me, those types aren't frequent enough for me to be concerned. But if they are bothering you, you should probably tell someone for certain. Try not to let it get to you though. You aren't alone in this.

I don't know whether in the past I've been psychotic but I've had times of thinking people were trying to kill me and food tasting funny and not being able to eat and drink things people might of touched
I had a friend with this problem once upon a time. He was convinced his (very loving) family were trying to kill him. He was certain that all food served anywhere was poisoned and that his life was at risk. Intellectually, he felt that had to be complete rubbish, but no matter what the meal, he felt compelled to inspect everything for even the slightest signs of tampering. He was certain that even local restaurants and fast food chains were under the employ of his family in this. He had a similar issue with microwaves, certain it was making his food cancerous. He was so afraid of these things that he would force himself to regurgitate after eating.

I was never quite sure how best to help him with that, so I tried having him help me cook random meals to be sure he was able to see everything that went in and what was done. He started keeping things down at least. Eventually, he started cooking his own meals and being absolutely certain there was no chance for anyone to slip things in. He would try growing his own vegetables and go several towns over to buy meat and dairy. I don't think it really cured his phobia, but it seemed to help.

He did even better when he was no longer living with his family. He cooked all his meals at that point. He was a pretty decent cook by the time we lost touch.

If I were to encounter these issues in a friend today, I would probably do much the same, helping that friend to learn to cook better. I'd probably also see if I could find a way to help them find someone more professional than me, who could help them address the actual issue instead of just the symptoms.

I dunno if this'll help you, but I hope so.