• Welcome! It’s great to see you. Our forum members are people, maybe like yourself, who experience mental health difficulties or who have had them at some point in their life.

If you'd like to talk with people who know what it's like

C

CrashtestMummy

feel horrid have just been told to pull my self together by my mother, and to keep doing things despite trying to explain to her the whole reason I have been on a cocktail of anti depressents and see a psych dr and have been reffred for psychotherepy is becuse I am in distressed and depressed!!!

My delightfull mother has also dumped a whole load of emotional crap on me about her marrage to my father and her affair!! which no one else knows about except me!

feel like cutting so badly and have been feeling worse about this for several days now have started sleeping badly again and feel so tired also my ex husband has been giving me grief about having my daughter over the next weekend even though he knows I work this weekend.

any suggestions ?as to how to deal with my mother and the ex husband from hell?:confused:

D

DELATEXT

Parents

YOUR MOTHER SOUNDS A HANDFUL, PLUS EX HUSBAND FROM
HELL ??
BASICALLY YOU HAVE TO STAND UP TO THEM, EASIER SAID THAN DONE ??
PUT YOUR HEALTH FIRST, AS WELL AS YOUR EMOTIONAL WELFARE, ANY FRIENDS WHO YOU CAN TALK TO ??
IF NOT WHAT ABOUT YOUR DOCTOR ??
WISHING YOU RESPITE AND ALL THE BEST..

:welcome::grouphug:

schiz01

schiz01

Maybe its just as simple as saying ....Please respect my space at the moment as I am not feeling well.
Take a step back and concentrate on you.
Family and friends find it difficult to understand and without having experienced it how can you expect them to.
You need to look after yourself and build up a support network
This may include your GP,Therapist,Local groups,phone counselors(helplines) and of course this forum

Just a few suggestions....I'm not from the UK....maybe someone else can offer/add some more specific services that are available

Family and conflict can be very unhealthy when your not well

I

ImTrying

Sorry you're having such a hard time *hugs*

It's hard but, I think you need to put your needs first and stand up for yourself. Tell your mother that you are really stressed out and need some support not criticism. And tell your nightmare of an ex-husband that his behaviour is unacceptable.
I don't know what will be helpful in your exact situation but I feel you need to stick up for yourself because people are taking advantage of you.
I understand that is easy to say and hard to do, but try. Even if it's just asking for what you want. Don't be worried about upsetting people, because they are clearly not worried about upsetting you.

I hope it works out!

C

CrashtestMummy

thanks guys thing just felt so bad this am

feel things are better just wish I could stop itching ? allergic reaction to ciprex?

:grouphug:

dib4uk

dib4uk

thanks guys thing just felt so bad this am

feel things are better just wish I could stop itching ? allergic reaction to ciprex?

:grouphug:
Hi ya hon, sorry to hear that you've been going through some rough time recently. Hope it has eased for you. AS far as the itching goes it might be a reaction to the drugs your taking.