• Share. Be Supported. Recover.

We are a friendly, safe community supporting each other's mental health. We are open 24 hours a day, 365 days a year.

?

M

MYTIMEHASCOME

Am I actully mentaly Ill? it's hard to say without a proper diagnosis, I know what I feel and what i've said on here is true... and I self harm quite regularly I also think about death a lot... but sometimes I feel like I dunno that i'm not but I think I am? if you get me.

also Is thinking about hurting other people part of anxiety disorder? like an urge? - this bothers me because I think of myself as someone who gets along with others and these thoughts would usualy bother me... but not at the moment, I'm thinking it's to do with getting people to feel how i feel :unsure:

Also what's the difference between generalised anxiety disorder and anxiety disorder???????????????????????????????????????????

C

Christobel

This is just my opinion, but I think if you are having thoughts of harming yourself or others you should see a doctor. I know they only give you 15 minutes, but it would be enough to put questions about GAD, and other problems with your thoughts.

SomersetScorpio

SomersetScorpio

Hey,
It's a tough one isn't it, whether or not to see yourself as mentally ill.
I think there can be this idea that to be mentally ill you must be really out of touch with reality etc. but mental illness does include anxiety and depression.

As far as the thoughts about hurting people, i'd say that yes, that does sound part and parcel of an anxiety disorder. In fact, I think intrusive thoughts can happen to those with various types of diagnosis.

An anxiety disorder is an umbrella term (a bit like "mood disorder") that refers to a group of disorders.
So, anything from agoraphobia to OCD would be considered an anxiety disorder.
General anxiety disorder is just a specific type of anxiety disorder... hope that makes sense?

ASDF209

ASDF209

Thoughts about hurting yourself or others are a serious, serious problem. You havnt done anything wrong, but now might be the time to find some help. There are some great free resources out there. Please look, or message me your city and I'd be happy to look for you.

M

MYTIMEHASCOME

This is just my opinion, but I think if you are having thoughts of harming yourself or others you should see a doctor. I know they only give you 15 minutes, but it would be enough to put questions about GAD, and other problems with your thoughts.
Hi Christobel

I've seen a couple of GP's but they don't seem to care to be honest x

M

MYTIMEHASCOME

Hey,
It's a tough one isn't it, whether or not to see yourself as mentally ill.
I think there can be this idea that to be mentally ill you must be really out of touch with reality etc. but mental illness does include anxiety and depression.

As far as the thoughts about hurting people, i'd say that yes, that does sound part and parcel of an anxiety disorder. In fact, I think intrusive thoughts can happen to those with various types of diagnosis.

An anxiety disorder is an umbrella term (a bit like "mood disorder") that refers to a group of disorders.
So, anything from agoraphobia to OCD would be considered an anxiety disorder.
General anxiety disorder is just a specific type of anxiety disorder... hope that makes sense?
Hi

Yeah it makes sense - but mental health is so complex - why can't my brain just be like caveman brain

"I want food"
"I want to sleep"
"These cave paintings I drew look like they were done by a 5 year old"

Bah x

M

MYTIMEHASCOME

Thoughts about hurting yourself or others are a serious, serious problem. You havnt done anything wrong, but now might be the time to find some help. There are some great free resources out there. Please look, or message me your city and I'd be happy to look for you.
Hi ASDF209

I messaged you, but I live in the UK not the USA :(

C

cherbear

Change GPs until you find one that listens , I'm on GP number 5 he is a Senior GP at the practice and the first to really listen to me and try to help it's making a lot of difference and I'm getting the help I need persevere with it hunny xxx

ASDF209

ASDF209

An update for the rest of the forum.. I found him a few local mental health resources local to him and messaged him them directly. They included two foundations and a few hotlines you can call. I'm so glad this person was open to getting help. It's amazing where we can find such help too.

M

MYTIMEHASCOME

Yeah thanks ASDF

I haven't been on here though so I saw them late - and this morning I had altercation with someone :( now i'm scared police are going to come for me.

C

cally75

Alright mate? What happened. Did u hit someone? If it's first offence u just get a caution. Tell them about your mental problems. Says me that's at crown court in morning for having a knife! You'll be fine pal

M

MYTIMEHASCOME

I was in my car on way to work and I flashed to let a car that was waiting across the road out, the car didn’t move so I flashed again… it didn’t move so I decide to go and as I go car pulls out and accelerates and I slam on break. As the car driving past driver (female) and front side passenger Male laughing and passanger is doing w*nker sign pulling v’s etc so I indicate left and follow and up a quiet road I go to overtake and as im about to overtake guy is still gesturing w*ker etc so I do a handbreak turn in front of their car and they slam on break I get out of car walk over to passenger seat grip the guy around the throat and say something like “Think you’re a F*cking big man swearing and taking the p*ss as your driving past and then I throw a right handed jab and catch him in the face, then he said “I wasn’t driving” or something like that and I throw another jab and said “nxt time you decide to be the big man don’t” or something along those lines then got in my car and drove off – I don’t feel any remorse for hitting him I just feel disappointed in my reaction because it’s out of character for me and since then I been feeling really down.

C

cally75

He needs to make a statement.he won't. I've a friend in traffic police. He hasn't got a leg 2 stand on tbh

M

MYTIMEHASCOME

I know I do boxing though so I shouldn't really hit people + I work for government so if anything did happen id lose my job :(