• Share. Be Supported. Recover.

We are a friendly, safe community supporting each other's mental health. We are open 24 hours a day, 365 days a year.

10 years destrution

L

lightmetoday

Hi,
Since last 10 years i have indulged in this behaviour
I go online & i like to chat as a girl & i enjoy and find it arousing when man talk sexual about the girl. Although i am a guy i find it erotic. I end up enjoying this behaviour , I even download & share hot pic of any girl to turn the guy on.
What should i do?

SomersetScorpio

SomersetScorpio

Well, do you feel you want to stop this behaviour?

Or is it that you simply feel ashamed because you are getting enjoyment in this way?
It could be argued that as long as you aren't "catfishing" anybody or leading someone on who has strong feelings about you, then nobody is getting hurt and so there really isn't an issue.

I suppose i'm just asking what has made you come to the point where you feel this behaviour is destructive.

It could be that there is some kind of void/unhappiness within yourself or your life, and you're doing this to cover it up because perhaps it's less painful than facing whatever is causing you to feel unhappy.
I don't know - I don't want to be annoying by making assumptions...

L

lightmetoday

I have been indulging on this behaviour since long , my aim was just enjoyment no1 felt hurt because of this behaviour . But i had a relationship with a girl which help me get rid of this behaviour & focus on her , BUt after my heart broke, I turned back to this behaviour but i now feel sad because from religious point of view its not a healthy behaviour & doing this makes me miss her more , So I want to quit the behaviour. But it is difficult to get rid of this behaviour since i have been doing this for 10years. What should i do?

SomersetScorpio

SomersetScorpio

It sounds like it might be good to work through it with a counsellor or therapist, if that's something that's an option for you.
Sometimes it helps to have another person there (who has psychological training) to help you get to the root of an issue and to help you put certain things in place which will empower you to move forward.

There may be some self-help books on this subject too, though this isn't an area I know much about so wouldn't be able to recommend any titles. Perhaps typing into a search engine may help.

Wishing you the best. Am sorry if my advice isn't very helpful, as I said, i'm not really an expert on this sort of thing but I wanted to respond to you as it didn't seem others were.

Similar threads
Thread starter Title Forum Replies Date
jajingna Twenty years ago Mental Health Experiences 17
Y Feeling lost 24/7 for years and years Mental Health Experiences 5
C I am hopong someone out there is feeling how I am. I have suffered from Generalised Anxiety for over 18 years, it started when my 1st child was born. Mental Health Experiences 5
Phillmitchell86 5 years and still no idea Mental Health Experiences 10
hORIzonFINK210 been stable for exactly 4 years now Mental Health Experiences 5
lilyrxse 10 years and no change Mental Health Experiences 2
HellRider 2 years since I left Mental Health Experiences 3
lavenderfire Dreams - From Not Dreaming For Years, To Dreaming Every Night Mental Health Experiences 5
Moody Blues I Was Diagnosed Some 15 Years Ago And... Mental Health Experiences 4
B Same pain every year for 14 years Mental Health Experiences 3
sab My mother ruined something which was my hobby for many years... Mental Health Experiences 7
L HEARTBREAK DEPRESSION 7 YEARS LATER? Mental Health Experiences 2
G Divorced Retired socially isolated 3 years now can’t budge to socialize Mental Health Experiences 4
G Took me 27 years to get my medicine right Mental Health Experiences 4
silentEden 19 years old and memory problems Mental Health Experiences 6
N I wrote a deep suicide note 2 years ago Mental Health Experiences 3
M Aphantasia & 16 years of depression Mental Health Experiences 3
D Mental Problems, Men 25 years old. Mental Health Experiences 4
Hopeful313 This is where I lived for 5 years Mental Health Experiences 8
M Major depression, OCD and debilitating fatigue for 20 years. What to do!? Mental Health Experiences 1
O First post in 3 years - Advice welcomed Mental Health Experiences 1
T Tilta goes back to college after over 20 years! Mental Health Experiences 12
Midnight.Panda My Mother's Words From 5 Years Ago Still Hurt Me Today Mental Health Experiences 8
R I was discarded after thirteen years, just three weeks before our wedding Mental Health Experiences 2
Iamsoconfused Can transference last years? Mental Health Experiences 2
H I hate my mother and I am over 12 years old Mental Health Experiences 9
H raising my son after 6 years of being absence in his life Mental Health Experiences 3
A Weird Changes In Personality Over The Years Mental Health Experiences 2
C Diagnosed Bipolar 5 years ago and realized yesterday that I really am bipolar Mental Health Experiences 5
G The father of my child after 4 years is leaving me for his ex girlfriend Mental Health Experiences 4
S The problem with being mentally sick during 12 years Mental Health Experiences 9
C Intro... 30 years of depression and counting Mental Health Experiences 6
E Something occurred to me today after all these years Mental Health Experiences 3
P Feel like I'm 60 years old Mental Health Experiences 13
E Can you complain about a doctor 9 years later? Mental Health Experiences 73
W years self medicating with alcohol. recently diagnosed bipolar. how do you break out of it? help,please :( Mental Health Experiences 8
S Experience with multiple disorders for 20 years. Mental Health Experiences 1
C 32 years old and confused.. Mental Health Experiences 3
M I don't even know how to describe this, even if many years have passed. Mental Health Experiences 3
W I have recovered from like 6 episodes over the years Mental Health Experiences 7
aleshadxcherylc attachment 2 years on and its still happening Mental Health Experiences 9
Unique1 I hope MH gets easier for people as the years go by.... Mental Health Experiences 2
E Something someone said 28 years ago is still haunting me Mental Health Experiences 29
C Not feelings of love or happiness in years Mental Health Experiences 4
S After four years, I should just buy a gun Mental Health Experiences 1
L 28 years old being unemployed for two years, no friends, no confidence Mental Health Experiences 3
D Im 31 years old and live with my parents. No job, no car, no money, no life. Severely depressed, no energy, no motivation. Mental Health Experiences 17