• Share. Be Supported. Recover.

We are a friendly, safe community supporting each other's mental health. We are open 24 hours a day, 365 days a year.

10% DLA Cut For A Good Cause

S

supergreysmoke

I'm willing to have a 10% cut in my DLA to pay for more mental health hospital beds, right now when they needed, but me alone will not make much difference. If someone could petition and advertise this idea I'm sure it would find a lot of support. Especially if it was voluntary so those who are having problems with debt etc are left alone.

R

ramboghettouk

Founding Member
what rate your getting i get middle care low mobility, it's be about 8 a week for me 10%, yes i agree my girlfriend needed sectioning but some here wouldn't agree

S

supergreysmoke

what rate your getting i get middle care low mobility, it's be about 8 a week for me 10%, yes i agree my girlfriend needed sectioning but some here wouldn't agree
That's why it should be voluntary. People have all sorts going on. If it was stated categorically that it'd go to the right cause rather than funding The Bankers Club...and it was checked they didn't spend it on something else....I'm sure common humanity would prevail.

R

ramboghettouk

Founding Member
i'm in 2 minds about my local bin. when i had a psychiatrist i said i'm wondering if xmas in the workhouse would be preferable, she said you and me would get to know each other too well then

S

supergreysmoke

Nothing is ideal. Going to need a stake if you are going to change a culture?

R

ramboghettouk

Founding Member
That's why it should be voluntary. People have all sorts going on. If it was stated categorically that it'd go to the right cause rather than funding The Bankers Club...and it was checked they didn't spend it on something else....I'm sure common humanity would prevail.
what if it went to the right cause and as a result the goverment felt they didn't need to spend on that cause, money they would have spent rather than have a bad press

S

supergreysmoke

what if it went to the right cause and as a result the goverment felt they didn't need to spend on that cause, money they would have spent rather than have a bad press
One step to being rid of central government. It's what they want, feelings are mutual.

R

ramboghettouk

Founding Member
with no central goverment there would be no dla for you to offer towards good causes

S

supergreysmoke

with no central goverment there would be no dla for you to offer towards good causes
Could move over to bitcoin and fund mental health through donations and offering services as body guards etc in the new anarchy....? Who is gonna mess with someone whose got a designation of Paranoid Schizophrenia?

R

ramboghettouk

Founding Member
plenty of people who wouldn't be aware of the diagnosis would mess with you and if you were to defend yourself theres those bigots called the met police who'd take a very dim view of a paranoid schitzoprmic defending them selves

S

supergreysmoke

plenty of people who wouldn't be aware of the diagnosis would mess with you and if you were to defend yourself theres those bigots called the met police who'd take a very dim view of a paranoid schitzoprmic defending them selves
Yeah, all sorts of issues. Would have to form a Union to defend our rights?

R

ramboghettouk

Founding Member
Yeah, all sorts of issues. Would have to form a Union to defend our rights?
i used to take the user rights movement very seriously indeed in the past a lot of user rights people would be funded by thatcher to go on about how glad they were to be out of hospital politically justifying care in the community, much like disability rights, the funding and jobs are gone and the people who were so outspoken have gone, no one wants those disabled people standing up for they're right to a decent standard of living

S

supergreysmoke

i used to take the user rights movement very seriously indeed in the past a lot of user rights people would be funded by thatcher to go on about how glad they were to be out of hospital politically justifying care in the community, much like disability rights, the funding and jobs are gone and the people who were so outspoken have gone, no one wants those disabled people standing up for they're right to a decent standard of living
Yeah, any union would need to be part of a larger movement...

R

ramboghettouk

Founding Member
chemist keeps saying he hasn'r received the prescription drs surgery keeps saying they'd sent it, i said to the chemist speak to them, he said i have they keep saying they've sent it

Maybe a cut in my dla would be worth it if the surgery was better funded though it'd be tough, anyway with the transfer to pip i risk it been stopped anyway, i rather rely on the monthly money to recharge the account

S

supergreysmoke

chemist keeps saying he hasn'r received the prescription drs surgery keeps saying they'd sent it, i said to the chemist speak to them, he said i have they keep saying they've sent it

Maybe a cut in my dla would be worth it if the surgery was better funded though it'd be tough, anyway with the transfer to pip i risk it been stopped anyway, i rather rely on the monthly money to recharge the account
Doesn't bother me. I might have to take up armed robbery to make up my monies as illness stigma means I'll never get any paid work. It's not getting caught then that's the issue. Will have to carry a spade I suppose?