• Welcome! It’s great to see you.

If you'd like to talk with people who know what it's like

Our forum members are people, maybe like yourself, who experience mental health difficulties or who have had them at some point in their life.

1 step forward 10 steps back

T

tangerine15

I have been diagnosed with major depressive disorder for 13 years now, I am so tired of every time I feel like I’m making progress that I fall back into a depressive episode, I feel like I am trapped and there is no way out.
I was hospitalized back in August and I feel like I have just continued downhill from there...”good” days are few and far between, it’s getting harder to do anything. I feel like I’m letting everyone down because they want me to be better and I just can’t seem to get better, I feel like I’m just bad at being alive.

Catty5

Catty5

Hello
I can relate.... that’s what I was thinking right now while I was eating lunch. Slow progress. I was hospitalized last year too.

But I still remember I had a relatively stable life for 20 years with Lexapro 10mg till I had to quit it due to my health problem. So, if I really can find a med that will work for me....i’ll live like that again hopefully.

Since I quit it....OMG😱....cold turkey ....the relapse of severe depression that i’ve been fighting for 2 years now. I feel so tired but I cannot give up... I want to go back to work that I love. And I have to live for my cats (one has cat AIDS).

I

itsembarrassing

those who love you want the best for you so it is normal for them to wish they could help more but they also should understand its neither their fault or yours. you are doing better than you think. being alive is surviving for people like us. take it one day at a time. don’t put yourself with the same standards as those who do not have depression. let yourself feel whatever it is you are feeling that day but take care of yourself while youre at it. do the little things. brush your hair, have your favorite meal (or your favorite microwave meal lol), clean up the table beside your bed. you don’t have to do it all right now. then be happy with yourself for achieving those small things. and once those become easier to do you will want to do the bigger things. healing isn’t about having no bad days its about getting to the point of managing those bad days. and the effort, even if its minuscule, shows that you are trying. just keep trying. i believe in u