🀞🀞 That's it I'm giving up the drink πŸ€·β€β™‚οΈπŸ€·β€β™‚οΈπŸ€’πŸ€’πŸ€¦β€β™‚οΈ

EddieH

EddieH

Full disclosure I had 3 cans of beer today, sorry everyone. I'm about a month in now and let my guard down for a minute today. Still think I'm going pretty good, I've been forgetting to take my bacolfen. So I better get back on track tomorrow. Been exercising heaps on the treadmill,really want to get rid of the diabetes.

daffy

daffy

Founding Member
You’ve done really well Eddie go8ng for a month is excellent, so you know you can do it. Look on it as a hiccup and start afresh tomorrow. Don’t use it as an excuse that you’ve failed so you can start drinking again. And well done for owning up to it.

sadpunchingbag

sadpunchingbag

Look at what you had on average everyday before you started then compare it to now sure you slipped its fine but get back on it you are doing good remember that

EddieH

EddieH

Thanks @sadpunchingbag, yeah a few beers is nothing to what I was putting away. I think it's something I will be battling with for the rest of my life. You guys holding me too account is helping more than you could imagine, really appreciate the support.

sadpunchingbag

sadpunchingbag

Thanks @sadpunchingbag, yeah a few beers is nothing to what I was putting away. I think it's something I will be battling with for the rest of my life. You guys holding me too account is helping more than you could imagine, really appreciate the support.
its good you are trying id try keeping a not of how much you are not drinking compared to when you was maybe that will make things look better but i like to just look at things in amounts for me i did eat like a fucking pig takeaway every day maybe twice and 4litres of fizzy drink

so in 19 days i have not had 38 takeaways and 76litres of fizzy drinks me just thinking of that on a table helps if i slip its fine but if i can allow my self to not slip further thats what matters hope it helps my aussie dude

P

Pollypop

Thank you for being so honest Eddie.
I think that shows how serious and and committed you are
Don’t beat yourself up or think you’ve failed.Today is new day
and a fresh start.
We’re all behind you, cheering you on. πŸ™‚

EddieH

EddieH

I'm losing the plot drank a few beers and some wine, really disappointed in myself. This is really hard, hate to think what drug addiction is like. Got to get back on track. Not sure what has happened but I intend on fixing things. One month sober is not too bad. I guess it's back to the drawing board and start again. Sorry guys, it was a bit too good to be true, there is no point in posting anything if I'm not being totally honest with you.

LizBo

LizBo

Congratulation on quitting Jules and thanks for the kind words. You're probably right about the detox, the psychiatrist wants me to go there but I'm a bit afraid of all the ice addicts. Got some valium to take, so should be alright. Sorry you had such a bad time coming of the booze.
Hey Aussie Eddie;
Detox units don't just help you quit, they also encourage you to change habitual thinking and beliefs. Group therapy sessions (on topics like how to respond to triggers) are great to unload as well as learn about why you drink. Then there's private consults. (Counselling)

There's much more to the process than just 'stopping'. If you follow up with an in-house rehab program, things can really take a turn for the better and prepare you for sobriety with support, knowledge and response plans.

But hey! You're going great man! You're doing the doing and that's mighty, mighty...
Take care
LizBo

Edit: Bugger! Sorry about that @EddieH These things happen ya know. Chin up! x

D

dewey

Full disclosure I had 3 cans of beer today, sorry everyone. I'm about a month in now and let my guard down for a minute today. Still think I'm going pretty good, I've been forgetting to take my bacolfen. So I better get back on track tomorrow. Been exercising heaps on the treadmill,really want to get rid of the diabetes.
The thing about a re-lapse is it doesn't mean no progress.

D

dewey

Just seen a post about mental illness being caused by demonic possession...?
If there's anything demonic it's alcohol. Well done EddieH

EddieH

EddieH

Thanks guys. It's become a bit of a saga this thread. Really thought I had it in the bag a few weeks ago, but it creeps back. This forums keeping my mind off things and helping me keep track of any progress. You folk and your encouragement means a lot to me. I've done a lot of coucellening and group therapy for alcohol, but at the end of the day the buck stops with me.

soulsearcher

soulsearcher

I'm losing the plot drank a few beers and some wine, really disappointed in myself. This is really hard, hate to think what drug addiction is like. Got to get back on track. Not sure what has happened but I intend on fixing things. One month sober is not too bad. I guess it's back to the drawing board and start again. Sorry guys, it was a bit too good to be true, there is no point in posting anything if I'm not being totally honest with you.
Dont let it knock you down mate,
Carry on striving you can do it

J

Jules5

Eddie your honesty is a real tribute to others. I stopped drinking for 7 and 1/2 years and then started again quit for a few weeks or months here and there after I started again. YOU ARE GONA STOP WHEN YOU STOP> Trying is the biggest part of any addiction disease. YOU CAN NOT FAIL IF YOU KEEP TRYING. This is the truth in a nut shell. I do not like talking to people when I drink but yet this is the first thing I do is make DRUNK calls. I get so ashamed. This is the person I have been all my life even sober I can slip up and fall back without a drink in hand.

PLEASE keep this thread going-tell us what you are feeling and doing as this helps me with my own struggles. I am drinking right now does this make me less than a person-I think it is my mental disease that makes me unqualified. I just do not want to hurt anyone and I have done this drinking and sober for years. I just am a big ASS.

So lots of hugs and love sent your way I know exactly how you feel but please keep posting no matter what-Remember I am a idiot whether I drink or not I have a mental health illness that just will not go away drinking or not drinking. Love ya Eddie

LizBo

LizBo

What a wonderful post @Jules5...you're like a bridge over troubled waters :cheekkiss:

This is what I love about the forum @EddieH; encouragement and support from caring sufferers. Love comes in many forms eh? πŸ€—

We gotcha' back Jack!

EddieH

EddieH

Wow you guys are great some awesome posts. Thought I might be becoming a bit of a whiner and maybe should of posted this in my journal. I'll keep it going if you don't mind, back on the wagon today more motivated than ever. The wine has been locked up in the filing cabinet by dad, drying out again. Thanks again @Jules5 @LizBo @sadpunchingbag @Pollypop @soulsearcher and anyone I've forgotten