🀞🀞 That's it I'm giving up the drink πŸ€·β€β™‚οΈπŸ€·β€β™‚οΈπŸ€’πŸ€’πŸ€¦β€β™‚οΈ

Lunar Lady

Lunar Lady

Well if I get involved in a heavy dungeon run in ESO I'm so focused on that I don't even get the urge so it's weird but just lazing around I've been smoking two an hour today which is a lot even for me.
Big, goodnight hug :hug:...gonna give this sleep thing another whirl. Have a good night, sweetie xxx

Parayana

Parayana

Big hugs to you too, hope you sleep well. X.

EddieH

EddieH

Hey @Parayana still struggling a bit. Got my serapax so i feel pretty mellow, probably just end up having a sleep this afternoon. Got to find something to fill the time in that's the problem. Think I will buy a more complicated editing software just to have a tinker on, for something to do the one I've got is pretty basic. Built a replacement pc online, but that came in at $2000 AUD so probably just beef up my old one. Built a pretty crazy hyperspin gaming setup a few years ago, might do a bit of maintenance on that, got all the capcom games and most of the game console systems on it.

Parayana

Parayana

@EddieH, games keep me off the booze as well, bought a couple of cheap CD Keys today online so got a couple of new ones.

EddieH

EddieH

It's all gone out the window. It's crept back and i fear this time it's going to be worse than ever. Not sure what happened a few minor hick ups and i'm back on it, it really sucks that i'm that weak. Thanks everyone for the support. I will have another attempt at being sober soon. Disappointing but i guess it's part of the journey to getting well.

Parayana

Parayana

@EddieH, don't beat yourself up mate, the fact that you stayed sober for so long is an achievement. I've quit booze many times and gone back, this time I've been dry for two months. As a former heroin addict fiend who is now an addiction counsellor said to me - never give up on giving up.

EddieH

EddieH

Thanks mate, sorry the thread didn't turn out more positive. Hope you keep up the good work pal. Like i say don't really know what caused it, really frustrating

EddieH

EddieH

Hey @Parayana buddy. Yeah well I think I got the drinking bug out of my system for a while. It's not viable to drink like that day in day out, feel rat shit. I'm going to try a bit harder. I'm logged in on multiple devices so it probably shows be online all the time, which i pretty much am

Parayana

Parayana

@EddieH, glad things have improved for you matie, I think I'm still logged in on my phone so probably show up for the same reason.

BorderlineDownunder

BorderlineDownunder

im 54 now and something has happened to my body to turn me off drink. Prior to this I didnt drink regularly but if I did drink I made a proper job of it.

I havent had alcohol for at least 2 months, im not counting but I know its been a while.

ive also come off weed more or less.

i think it might be bc one of the meds i take, amitriptyline. I got put on this drug for a very painful menopause and i absolutely love it.

good luck, nothing worth having ever comes easily and sobriety is worth having. Keep us posted, you can always come on here if the pressure gets too bad.

Warrior

Warrior

im 54 now and something has happened to my body to turn me off drink. Prior to this I didnt drink regularly but if I did drink I made a proper job of it.

I havent had alcohol for at least 2 months, im not counting but I know its been a while.

ive also come off weed more or less.

i think it might be bc one of the meds i take, amitriptyline. I got put on this drug for a very painful menopause and i absolutely love it.

good luck, nothing worth having ever comes easily and sobriety is worth having. Keep us posted, you can always come on here if the pressure gets too bad.
:goodluck: Borderline my fingers are crossed 🀞 and I hope you succeed as it takes a lot of doing (y)

Parayana

Parayana

Cracked the other night and had a single can of ready mixed Gin and Tonic, effing hated it, didn't like the feeling at all, and it stopped my Orphenadrine from working and I got the shakes in my left hand! Still about 10 weeks dry, not bad.