• Welcome! It’s great to see you. Our forum members are people, maybe like yourself, who experience mental health difficulties or who have had them at some point in their life.

If you'd like to talk with people who know what it's like

“proving” you’re sick enough? (TW)

I

idknemo

I used to hide my ED as much as possible (like faking my weigh ins in IP, or pretending to have made progress) but now I just want to be sick enough to be taken seriously... I barely even try hide it anymore.
i hope it’s not just me, because it makes me feel like an attention seeker/ fake anorexic. 🥺

calypso

calypso

Admin
Hiya. I don't think you are a fake anorexic or attention seeker. Hiding your ED is common with this condition and I totally understand. Its a problem that you have to be really ill before they will take you seriously. You will have to get enough courage to be honest about your weight. Its the only way you will get the help you need.

M

Mary26

Just remember that's it's your ED talking. It doesn't want you to recover and it's a master manipulator. But it sounds like you know it's time. I don't think you have to prove anything. Just not wanting to live like this is enough.

Lizaje

Lizaje

Honestly I think people do this with depression too. It's totally understandable and I agree with another poster who said you need to have the courage to be honest. You know, all the stuff you ordinarily wouldn't tell people, the stuff you do to not eat etc. just say it all. If it's difficult to speak, you can write it down for someone as well.