• Share. Be Supported. Recover.

We are a friendly, safe community supporting each other's mental health. We are open 24 hours a day, 365 days a year.

‘Hidden Wounds’: Battling Combat Related PTSD With Music

B

BAGGPUSS

I have always thought that Disassociation could be tapped into and used as a key Link to Therapy for all sorts of Issues.

Maybe I am wrong but what do most of us do whilst listening to Music ?? Disassociate!

Disassociate from our surroundings and thoughts?

Their might be something worth while in this free box of tricks ?:(

Chris22

Chris22

I thought, by the title, I should be playing my Springsteen collection ..... :redface:

Whooah! Dig through the the interviews! Man alive! I've been known to rather 'strongly react', on occasion, due to the character changes brought about by my PTSD. But, thank god, I've never dug anybodies f**king eyes out!!! :scared:

Gajolene

Gajolene

I think this applies to anyone with mental health issues really, but not many post on combat related PTSD.

Hit me pretty hard seeing that image had to share, it just hit home with me too. Trying to keep this thread bumped for others I suppose. Logging off for a bit hugs to everyone. REAL hugs. so glad your back BP (pssst liked your other name better, you need a nice name.)

Last edited: