• Welcome! It’s great to see you. Our forum members are people, maybe like yourself, who experience mental health difficulties or who have had them at some point in their life.

If you'd like to talk with people who know what it's like

‘Cameron shouldn’t just resign… he should be sent to prison!’ Ken Livingstone tells RT (VIDEO)

cpuusage

ACCOUNT CLOSED
‘Cameron shouldn’t just resign… he should be sent to prison!’ Ken Livingstone tells RT (VIDEO)

https://www.rt.com/uk/338925-cameron-resign-prison-livingstone/

Prime Minister David Cameron should be sent to prison for profiting from shares in his father’s offshore investment fund, former Mayor of London Ken Livingstone has told RT.

Livingstone said the Panama Papers scandal is “incredibly damaging” for the PM.

He went on to call Cameron the “most hypocritical prime minister of my lifetime” and described his administration as the “most damaging government.”

Speaking to RT, the former Labour mayor said: “I think he should resign, you know, right when he started his term of office, his has been the most damaging government, [inflicting] huge damage to the poorest people, to communities that desperately need investment.

“Cameron’s government, for the last six years, has been about a small elite getting richer while the poorer get left behind.

“He shouldn’t just resign, he should be sent to prison.”

Livingstone highlighted the history behind secretive offshore tax havens, blaming the late former Prime Minister Margaret Thatcher for deregulating Britain’s financial system.

This deregulation enabled wealthy people to move their money abroad to avoid paying UK tax.

Livingstone said the PM’s late father, Ian Cameron, “spent 30 years laundering money through Panama and didn’t pay a penny of tax to Britain.

“And then his son was in denial, refusing to be honest about all of this.”

cpuusage

ACCOUNT CLOSED
Absolutely disgusting after all the rhetoric/propaganda/attack on the poor, sick & disabled - what a bunch of fucking wankers.

Britain is the heart and soul of tax evasion -

https://www.rt.com/op-edge/338961-cameron-tax-haven-uk-evasion/

The British government’s claim to be tackling tax evasion is about as credible as Al Capone claiming to be leading the fight against organized crime. In fact, Britain is at the heart of the global tax haven network, and continues to lead the fight against its regulation.

D

daydreambeliever39

ACCOUNT CLOSED
There is a petition online to sack the government. They need 10,000 signatures and have over 9,000 already.

I'm not sure how much petitions achieve. I can't see it succeeding but I ended up signing it anyway.

I would be happy with a vote of no confidence in the government. I am watching BBC News at the moment and they are pointing out that he has not broken the law, so he won't go to prison. The government has not directly killed anyone through air strikes in Iraq and Syria or through benefit cuts so they get off the hook for that too.

Clearly the law is fixed so that this kind of thing can happen legally. We lose more tax through tax avoidance by big businesses than through welfare so there is a hypocrisy there too, but will it ever change? How do you stop multinational companies doing this kind of thing?

Presumably if the relevant legislation is revised then it will be harder to do this. It will not stop businesses moving jobs abroad to a country that allows tax avoidance if they are threatened in any way by the law. They hold us to ransom.

It is said that corporations run America and it is the same here. Sometimes there is only so much a government can do.

I don't know how much Labour could do if they were elected. Obviously the Tories would avoid doing anything but it is an impossible situation.

Yes, David Cameron is a hypocrite over this. But all the rich do it. I have heard of Scottish Nationalist MSPs or MPs who are dodgy too, though, and all parties have their skeletons in the closet. Maybe the Labour Party should have resigned over the Iraq War.

When it comes to wrongdoing and hypocrisy, politicians really are all in this together.

D

daydreambeliever39

ACCOUNT CLOSED
Maybe you know more about this than me CPU and can tell me how this can be solved..

D

daydreambeliever39

ACCOUNT CLOSED
That's a bigger problem than one country can solve.

D

daydreambeliever39

ACCOUNT CLOSED
Good luck with that then..