Page 3 of 7 FirstFirst 1234567 LastLast

Thread: Coping Strategies for Voice Hearing

My Mood
      Doh

Here is another chant which seems to shut out and silence anything weird that I'm feeling or hearing inside about 5 minutes of listening to it... It all just disappears for a while. This is Tibetan buddhist in origin, in The original Tibetan but backed by a synth.

One does not become enlightened by imagining figures of light, but by making the darkness conscious.
      - Carl Gustav Jung
      Thanks N/A gave thanks for this post.

Hi all,

I hadn't realised it had been very long time since I posted on this thread:

Today, overall, even though I am on 25ml of medication to prevent large gatherings of general hearing voices to filter through, and my anxieties are not too bad, now, I will still listen to music through my personal cd walkman in at home, awaiting for and at volunteering, as I definitely find on the posiitve side of things, that music still keeps everything down and at bay.

i work out still getting salsa dance aerobics done, or traiditional based aerobics, and I attend zumba classes.

I have been anxious and paranoia namely about going out and about, volunteering, and for away travelling on holidays with parents; these days, on 25ml, doseage, out and about, volunteering, there is in advance of going out and about, and volunteering less anxiety, less paranoia.

I'll feel very tired if I have been attending travelling to and from my day centre, and voices will filter through, soon as I'll put on my walkman though, the voices stop completely in my own head.
      Likes N/A liked this post.

oops! I forgot to point out for the moment, that I have been having technical difficulties, with a cd and a walkman of mine, testing on several different walkmans, and also my non headphones based cd player combined with dvd, methods, I know I can't manage through the week without music, so either and I'm not sure when on Monday or Tuesday this forthcoming, week, I'll ah, have to get a new model which will be of the same principal style of walkman i have been used, to and prefer, so that I'll be able to resume listening to music.

Certainly for when I'm cross stitching, or knitting and I'll prefer to have music on to keep everything via within me at home down, and at bay.
      Hug N/A hugged this poster.

I ah, couldn't help noticing a particualr advert on this forum site, a little while ago, and had to have felt, that's the make and model of personal audio walkman, I buy, they are simpler than any other walkman product, to handle, and I like that type very much so, the problem off course, which I have noticed and maybe it has something to do with the costing making it so reasonable, I don't know, they ah, don't last for very long - the mechanisms within. Most other walkmans are difficult to recognise which buttons are for what, even though there is, the instructions leaflet, this model, I very much prefer, as it is very simple, no messing about, for me to work with.

Hi all,

I managed to rectify the problem regarding my music listening defaults.

Turns out, the batteries needed changing, I just hadn't gotten round to dealing with that, and also, the jack of the earphone headphone wire lead.

Anway, all is musically well again now, I haven't had to have rushed out just yet, and not sure when either to buy a new model of the same principal, walkman.

I probably shall in time for the cruise, and a pair of headphones.

Natalie.

Hi all,

My hearing voices are very well behaved and are under control this evening.

I am relaxing doing cross stitching needleworking, and listening to music. Easy Listening for preference. And musicals.

I shall be resting up tomorrow, not going anywhere specific as such, storing my energies, I have 2 meetings in different vicinities and locations on Wednesday, I might just pop out locally at lunchtime.

So all I can say is, no, certainly no hearing voices.

Mind you , I did have a terrible overnighter, through up and about earlish, and a bit beforehand, filtering voices happened, then, as the morning wore on, I improved.

My walkman is absolutely fine. Hopefully, lol.

Natalie.
      Likes burt tomato, N/A liked this post.

Hi all,

I rectified the problem regarding my walkman further - it was in fact, indeed the problem of the headphones jack, not working sufficiently, anyway bought and tried out the new pair on the same cd track, and it was fine, I am happily listening to music again.

Natalie.

Hi all,

I'm very well voice hearing wise, and I have levelled off from 25ml, down to 20ml. I seriously felt that having been stablised for a long time on 25ml it was also very very strong, very alerting, being a less sedative med. So I'll monitor me on 20ml reduction level, and I'll see how I go.

I am happily listening to music, and getting my cross stitching done.

I have 2 different meetings in 2 different places and at different times tomorrow, to adhere, to, so I shan't be able to workout then.

Hopefully, on Thursday afternoon, I'll workout to my fitness dvds, and maybe get a light, low impact energetic salsa based dance done.

I hope everyone else is well and ok,

Natalie.

HI all,

Normally, I'd be cross stitching in the evenings, seeing that I'll be in my day centre for the afternoon, readily for my 3.30 meeting, pm this is, I have got that packed ready to have with me, for tomorrow, and I am kniting listening to my walkman instead.

When at the centre tomorrow, after my other location, in the morning, I'll switch over, and do my cross stitching with the walkman on.

Natalei.

My Mood
      Angelic

I do my best to ignore them. When it get to much I listen to music as well and I write to God about heaven, music, art, famliy, special occassion. I Rather speak to God than them.

Peace and blessings be upon you.

Page 3 of 7 FirstFirst 1234567 LastLast